FIC: Bill and Ted's X-cellent Adventure 2/2

  • khakigrrl
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10 12:59 PM
      Title: Bill and Ted's X-cellent Adventure 2/2
      (see part 1 for disclaimer)

      "I can't believe it," the man who'd introduced himself as Scott
      Summers said. "Logan used to be worse than Jubilee."

      "Jubilee?" Bill asked. "You mean like a party, dude?" He looked at
      Ted and they both said, "Excellent."

      Scott, Jean, and Ororo looked at each other and burst out laughing.

      Ororo was the first to stifle her giggling enough to ask a
      question. "But if you're from the past, why come here? Why now?"

      "Well, goddess babe, Ted wanted to know what would happen if Wyld
      Stallyns broke up. I mean, there's no way that'll happen now thanks
      to Rufus, but..."

      Ted interrupted. "I just wanted to see how heinous my future would
      be, but I'm living in a mansion with beautiful, leather-wearing
      babes."

      "Yeah, but they're not, like, enlightened dude. They don't have our
      totally righteous music." He turned to the again snickering
      trio. "Your Ted doesn't even play his guitar, does he?"

      "Logan?" Scott laughed. "No."

      "But future-Ted does sing for you, right?" Ted asked. "He didn't
      totally turn his back on his most excellent art."

      This question just caused the three to laugh harder. Bill turned to
      his friend.

      "Let's go ask other-Ted what happened to him. These babes and dude
      aren't helping at all."

      -----

      "Marie!"

      "Logan, this is your chance. You can find out all about your past."

      "I don't care if the kid has claws, Marie, he ain't me. There's no
      way I ever talked like that, and ain't no one gonna call me 'Ted.'"

      "Dude," Bill called through the door. "We just wanna talk to you for
      a few minutes."

      "Fine," Logan said, stomping to the door and flinging it
      open. "Three minutes and then you get in that phone booth of yours
      and disappear."

      "Thanks, other-Ted, I just wanted..." Ted began, but Logan
      interrupted him.

      "Don't call me that. My name is Logan or Wolverine. Not Ted."

      "Ok, like chill, dude. Logan." Ted said, holding his hands up in
      surrender. "I just wanted to know what your life was like in that
      totally bogus military school and what happened to ya afterwards."

      Logan growled but didn't answer. Marie put her hand on his shoulder,
      and when he turned to her, she seemed to look at him with an
      expression that asked his permission. Logan nodded.

      Marie turned to Bill and Ted and said, "Logan doesn't remember his
      life past 18 years ago."

      "Bogus, dude." Bill breathed. "Like, what year is it now?"

      "2020," Marie answered.

      "Dude, how old are you now?" Bill asked looking at Ted. "Your
      birthday's October 12, 1971, and it's 2020."

      "Forty-eight," Marie answered quickly. "Almost forty-nine."

      "Ted," Bill said, looking at his friend. "You're, like, ancient."
      Then he looked at Logan. "Why don't you look ancient, Logan dude?"

      "I heal," Logan said, somewhat dazed to have finally found out his
      true age. "It's part of my mutation."

      "Excellent," Bill said.

      "Look, not that I believe you or anything, but where are you from?"
      Logan asked. "Who's your family?"

      "Dude," Bill said. "We live in only the most righteous city in the
      world. San Dimas, California."

      "California?" Logan asked, turning to Marie with a confused
      expression. "But I'm Canadian."

      "No way. You were born and raised in San Dimas," Ted said.

      "Ted," Bill interjected. "Maybe you ran away from military school
      and moved to Canada like those dudes with the long, stringy hair and
      totally uncool music."

      "Yuppies?"

      "No, dude. Yippies."

      "Hippies," Marie corrected. "And there somehow, someone found out
      about your mutation and captured you."

      "Babe," Ted said. "What do you mean captured?"

      Logan unsheathed the claws from his right arm. "Don't you wonder why
      mine are metal while yours are bone? They covered my entire skeleton
      with this damned stuff."

      "Bogus," Bill and Ted said in unison.

      "Why, dude?" Ted asked.

      "I don't know. Probably to make me into some sort of weapon."

      "A weapon?"

      "Look, I don't know who you are or where you come from, but mutants
      aren't all that popular here. We're hated and feared. Xavier's
      school exists to protect and educate mutants that have been abandoned
      or worse, but it also is the secret base of the X-Men."

      "X-Men? 'X'-cellent." Bill said, laughing at his own joke.

      "This isn't a game," Logan barked, causing Bill to stop
      laughing. "We were training when you dropped in here. Why else
      would we have come running out of the school in our uniforms and
      exposed who we are? There's a war coming between mutants and humans,
      and we're here to stop it."

      "Dude," Bill said to his friend. "Rufus was so right. If Wyld
      Stallyns breaks up, the world won't come into harmony because of our
      excellent music and there will be a war."

      "Bill, we've gotta go home and start practicing." Ted stood up. "
      Bye, Logan, dude. Bye beautiful future babe. Sorry I won't get to
      meet you."

      "Wait!" Logan said, shoving Ted into the wall and pinning him
      there. "What did you mean by that?"

      "We're going home, dude. This isn't our real future. We've already
      changed it. I just wanted to see what this one would be like."

      "You're gonna change things so Marie and I don't meet?" Logan asked
      before growling and clamping a hand over Ted's throat.

      "It's already changed, dude," Bill said, trying to pull Logan off his
      friend. "We're leaving."

      "Not if you're gonna keep Marie away from me."

      "Logan," Marie said. "Let him go."

      "Marie, you heard what he said."

      "If you kill him, you kill yourself. If you're dead, Magneto kills
      me."

      "But... Dammit!" Logan said before releasing Ted.

      Ted slumped to the floor gasping for air before he managed to
      say, "That was... bogus, dude."

      "You listen to me," Logan said, pointing a claw at Ted. "Look at her
      face."

      Ted raised his head and looked at Marie.

      "Memorize it," Logan commanded. "If you ever see her anywhere, don't
      let her go. She's the best thing you could possibly have in your
      life."

      Ted was going to argue that he already had a girlfriend, a princess
      no less, but then he saw Logan's face and thought better of it.

      "I got it, dude. I got it. Let us go." Ted said.

      Then, he and Bill left the room and hurried out of the mansion and
      back to the phone booth. Bill dialed the proper number, but it
      wasn't until they arrived safely in San Dimas that they could finally
      breathe easy.

      -----

      Wyld Stallyns had just finished the week's concert, broadcast
      worldwide to bring excellence to the populace. Ted was energized,
      and couldn't wait for the party that night. He said goodbye to Bill,
      Joanna, and Elizabeth, the other members of the world's most popular
      band, and headed for his dressing room.

      He and Joanna had been an item for the first few months of the band's
      existence, but they had long ago decided to just be good friends.
      She would be celebrating her 26th wedding anniversary to Tom, the
      group's agent, in the spring. Bill, on the other hand, had married
      Elizabeth after a year of dating, and they had just emptied their
      nest with the college departure of 'Tallica. Ted was the only single
      member of the group. He wanted to settle down, but the only women he
      met were fans who wanted his stage persona, not the real him.

      Ted changed clothes and donned his large jacket, hat, and sunglasses
      in the hopes that he wouldn't be recognized before sneaking out the
      front entrance, avoiding the stage doors where all the fans were
      waiting.

      He caught a cab, but halfway through the ride, decided he really
      didn't want to go to his empty home and didn't have any other place
      to be before the party. He told the cabbie just to let him off at
      the next corner.

      The street was fenced by multi-story business offices, but on the
      corner stood a small, clean deli. Since it was midafternoon, both
      the street and the deli were almost deserted.

      Ted opened the deli's door, triggering the bell. A brown-haired
      woman behind the counter left her stool and set down her paperback,
      saying in a friendly voice, "How may I help you?"

      For a long moment, Ted just stared at her. It was the woman from the
      future sans her white streaks. The woman his future self had made
      him promise to look for. He'd almost forgotten that long ago
      promise, but now, as he looked into her kind eyes, he remembered.

      He ordered a sandwich and asked her to join him, since there were no
      other customers. As they talked and laughed, Ted swore the second
      time in his life to keep that promise he'd made so long ago, and when
      he smiled at Marie with hope in his eyes, she smiled back.

      *****

      The End.