Certain Point of View (4/4) R

  • Mina-Clare Moseley
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2002
      Title: A Certain Point of View
      By: Mina-Clare Moseley
      Universe: X-Movie

      Characters: Wolverine, Dr. Michaela St Matthews (OFC), Storm, Xavier

      Synopsis: Logan and Dr. St Matthews relationship develops.

      Rating: R. Language, mild violence and sexuality.

      Disclaimer: All things X-Men belong to Marvel Comics. The movie was
      made by 20th Century Fox, so they deserve some credit to. Basically,
      I don't own 'em, never claimed to either.

      Author's Notes: This is part five of the "Stranger Things...." Series
      (The first stories are "Keeping Faith", "Ace's High", "All the
      Children of God" and "Masks"). They are available at:
      http://straykitty.com/deargirl/collection/xmen/

      ****

      Part Four: Michaela: I've Got A Feeling

      I stumble out of the bed, gasping for breath.

      My God, I just made love to Logan. My God, I think it almost killed me.

      It opened me up. Emotionally. I've spent my entire adult life closing
      myself off.

      I reach for my clothes, my entire body trembling. Logan looks
      confused. "Mika? Is something wrong?"

      "This," I groan, "This was a mistake."

      I start to pull my clothes on. They are rumpled, partially ripped. I
      don't care. I just want to get out of here.

      "It felt right," Logan grunts. "What was so wrong with it?"

      "I can't do this." I flee from the room.

      ****

      "Kaela?" I barely hear the gentle voice behind me. I feel a hand on
      my shoulder, turning quickly. Ro is there, her brow furrowed in
      concern.

      "Hey Ro." I curl my wings around me, hiding my face. "What's up?"

      "I was going to ask you the same question." Ro sits beside me. "Why
      didn't you come to dinner?"

      "I'm a little confused." Twirling a strand of hair around my finger,
      I fidgit nervously. "Did the Professor try to get into my thoughts?"

      She nods. "When he became worried he did. But you are quite good at
      shielding yourself. So we thought we'd do it the old fashion way."

      "I made love to Logan."

      Ro looks shocked for a moment. She then regains composure. "We all
      knew you two were attracted to each other. So why is there a problem
      with having sex with Logan?"

      "You and I are cut from the same cloth, Ro. We have to keep rein on
      our emotions. For you, it's to keep the weather under control. For
      me, it's to stay sane. If I let myself feel emotions, I open my
      empathic powers up. Ro.... When I.... When I climaxed.... It felt
      like a million emotions were in my head. Love, hate, fear, anger....
      It hurt."

      "You should speak with the Professor, Kaela."

      I get up, wiping a tear from my eye. "It doesn't matter. I can't be
      with him. It would never.... It just wouldn't work. I know that. I
      shouldn't even try,"

      ****

      I hear the knock on my door, but decide to ignore it. I don't feel
      like talking to anyone right now.

      Whoever it is decides to ignore the lack of response and opens the
      door. I turn to face Logan.

      "Hey Darlin'." He looks around. "Never been in your room before. 'snice."

      "Thank you. Why are you here?" I feel a pang of hurt in my stomach.
      It's not Logan's emotions, it is my own.

      "This is *really* nice. I'll need to hang out in here more."

      "I know you didn't come here to discuss my decorating style. Now what is it?"

      Logan sits on the edge of my desk, taking my hands. "Listen Mika....
      I know why you ran."

      "Enlighten me." My voice drips with ice. I'm not in the mood for
      this. I just want him to leave me alone. I can't handle being around
      Logan. All I can think of is his touch, that perfect moment.

      "We can get your powers under control." Logan whispers. "You can open
      yourself up." He runs his hand over my cheek. "It felt good. I know
      you liked it."

      "I can't do this..."

      "Mika, I care about you." He sighs. "That's all I can say. If that's
      not enough for you Mika.... Then we should stay away from each other."

      "No!" My responce is like a reflex. I want Logan in my life....
      As.... More than we were.

      "That's not the talk of a woman who thinks she made a mistake," Logan
      whispers, caressing my face. "Tell me what you want, Darlin'."

      "I want...." I lower my head. "I don't want to run away from my
      feelings. I just don't know if I know how to stop."

      "You've spent so much time dealin' with what everyone else wants,
      you've forgotten yerself." He moves towards me. I can feel his hot
      breath against my skin. "What do yer feelings tell ya?"

      "That I.... That I...." My voice is trembling. "That I want you."

      "There's our answer." Logan grins at me. "I always knew ya had the
      hots fer me, Doc."

      "You arrogant sona--" He cuts me off, kissing me deeply.

      He pulls away, breathless. "Darlin', just shut up."

      "Shut up? Oh, that's REAL nice."

      "You've said a lot worse things t' me, Sweetheart!"

      "Doc, Darlin', Sweetheart.... Do you even KNOW my real name?"

      "That's it! I'm outta here!" Logan yells.

      "Don't let door hit you on the way out!" I snarl. Logan growls,
      pulling me into his arms and kissing me hotly.

      I can't stand him.