SPECIAL Series, note to "The Bird Whose Wings Made the Wind" (Scott - Hank - Warren)

  • Minisinoo
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2002
      "The Bird Whose Wings Made the Wind" is the third story in SPECIAL:
      THE GENESIS OF CYCLOPS. It's been a while since I've added anything
      to that series, and "Bird" sat on my harddrive, unfinished, for over
      6 months. Finally decided it was time to get it done!

      But the upshot of all this is . . . if you haven't read the first two
      stories ("Just About Sex" and "Scylla and Charybdis") since I posted
      them last year, you might want to reread or skim at least "Scylla,"
      as a reminder to what's occurred. All the stories can be round here:

      This series is a very odd duck. It's technically movieverse, but it
      has so much influence from the comics in terms of background and
      interpersonal dynamics, that it's a real straddler. Comics
      characters with film faces. Ororo will be there instead of Bobby,
      and Jean and Hank are older than Scott -- but otherwise, this isn't
      movieverse Scott as you're used to seeing from me. He's an orphan
      and a street kid -- bitter, sarcastic and distrustful (more like
      Ult-X Scott, actually). The goal of the series is to turn him
      (convincingly) into the Cyclops we saw in the movie. Let's see if I
      can do it. :)

      P.S. Incidently, the page has a title graphic which I made myself.
      <preen, preen> Most of the wonderful graphics work and image maps
      around the site are Puguita's; I'm not even in her league. <g> But I
      was proud of this one. Also, as usual, it's got some illustrating
      images inside the text: one of a long-haired Scott, and another of
      Hank. One of Warren will appear in the next story.