Fic: "Be With Me Always" (1/1) PG-13 [Logan/Rogue]

  • Nadja Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2001
      Be With Me Always

      By Nadja Lee 26/12/01

      Disclaimer: “X-men” and all the characters here belong to Marvel, 20 Century
      Fox and I intend no infringement, this is a piece of amateur fan fiction, and
      I make no money of it.
      Disclaimer: “Be With Me Always” was sung by Sir Cliff Richard and belong to
      him and his record company and I intend no infringement, this is a piece of
      amateur fan fiction, and I make no money of it.
      Only the original idea contained within this work is the property of the
      author. Please do not copy this story to any website or archive without
      permission of the author.
      Timeline: Set after the movie.
      Universe: Movie
      Romance: Logan/Rogue
      Archiving: Want, ASK, take, have.
      Feedback: Yes, please. My e-mail address is nadjalee@u...
      Rating: PG-13
      Sequel/series: None

      * * *
      She lies in my arms; her hair falls gracefully down over the pillow and my
      arm. Her eyes are closed and she looks just like she’s sleeping. Like an
      angel. A perfect angel and never was I more proud and happy than the day I
      could call her mine; my wife...my Rogue.

      Why did I have to leave to find out that I can’t live without her? Why? I
      don’t know. All I know is that I want her; I need her by my side always. She’s
      everything to me. I can’t imagine a day without her and I won’t even try to
      imagine a night without her in my arms. Her eyes are the stars, her smile is
      the sun and her love is the air I breathe. She is my world; without her I
      can’t exist.

      The day I knew would come is here. After 50 happy years.... the best 50 years
      of my long life...the day I dreaded has come; the day she leaves me as
      everyone does. Lady Death is a terrible opponent; no matter what you do she’ll
      always win. But I know this; I want her with me always. I need her with me
      always.

      So tonight as she lies in my arms, having found eternal sleep in my warm
      embrace while my warm tears dripped unto her face...I have a plea to ask
      whoever is listening; let her be with me always.

      Be with me always, lov. Come back to me. Take any form or take none. Be a
      shadow, be a whisper in the wind, be a ghost, be Death who finally claims me.
      Be anything but please be with me always.

      In flesh or as a ghost I can’t live without you. You’re my heart and soul.
      Who’s there to comfort me, to guide me and love me? No one but you.
      So be with me always. Consume me, invade me, hunt me, hurt me, tease me or
      kill me. Just please me with me always.

      I cast all reason aside as I ask this but I need it to be true. The savage in
      me drives me on and demands you by my side. Be with me always.
      So please….Let her take any form, any shape, any disguise, any way...any way
      for me to always have her with me.
      Be with me always.... please be with me always, darlin’.

      I bent down and softly kiss her on the top of her now totally white hair and
      my tears falls like rain. As I finally lift my head from Rogue and looks into
      the dark room I smile for there in the shadows a ghostly figure in a long
      white dress has appeared...

      The End