Ray Park

  • Una Seckler
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 22, 2000

      >I found out about the X-Men movie on a Darth Maul website, where they
      >said Ray (the man who played him) would be Toad in the movie.

      As an aside, Ray Park also played the Headless Unmounted Horseman in Sleepy
      Hollow.
      Christopher Walken was the Horseman with a Head,
      and an unknown stunt rider was The Headless Mounted horseman.
      I never liked Toad in the comics, but he really
      comes across as pretty cool in the movie.
    • Anya Smith
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 22, 2000
        He was also a stuntman in Mortal Kombat: Annilation... although
        claiming to have anything to do with that movie might be bad for
        credibility... I wish I could get the eight bucks I paid to see that
        thing back!

        I like Toad Version 2.0 more than the comic one too. And it's not
        just the fact that Ray Park is hot... really... I'm
        serious... ::quiet snickering::

        Honestly, the Toad in the comic is sorta stupid... not to mention an
        ass kisser. This one seems a bit more intelligent (he can fly a
        helicopter and you kinda get the "Tech Guy" vibe from him) and he has
        more powers.

        It was a shame the way he "died" (ya never know, comic book
        characters have a habit of being re-born). I mean, that Storm line
        was quite possibly the cheesist thing I've heard in a movie. Although
        Halle Berry DOES look like Storm (...kind of...) I don't think she's
        really suited for action movies. She was great in Dorthey Danderadge
        (I REALLY mis-spelled that) but that isn't really the same catagory
        as superhero. Oh well! G'Night folks.

        Toads and Lighting,
        Anya
      • Spyke Raven
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 6, 2000
          Hello. Thought I'd introduce myself, being the new
          member on the block.
          I saw the X-Men movie this Saturday, having finally
          dragged myself out of university for long enough, and
          well, spent the whole of the weekend scouring the net
          for places to indulge my new addiction at. =)

          I'm also a BtVS and AtS fan, write lots of that
          fiction. Just tried my hand at an X-Men one too. I
          love reading and writing fiction. Um, I really can't
          think of anything else you might want to know about
          me, but thanks for reading!

          =)
          Spyke

          =====