FICLET: "That Special Glow" [PG]

  • Diebin
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2001
      TITLE: That Special Glow
      AUTHOR: Diebin
      RATING: PG
      DISCLAIMER: I own not. You sue not.
      ARCHIVE: If you really wanna.
      THANKS TO: Victoria inspired me to revisit Challenge in a Can!
      http://www.dymphna.net/challenge/challenge.html is the brainfood of the lovely
      Kate. I was browsing the archives and decided to see what I got. How could I
      resist Erik, glowing, and pants? *g* Anyways, this little hardly there story got
      my brain moving again. ;) So this entire exsistance of this story is just loving
      and appreciative feedback for Victoria. :)

      ~*~

      Erik Lensherr was having a bad day.

      On the grand scale of bad days of late, this was quite possibly the worst bad
      day yet.

      Considering that not long ago he'd watched his plans fall to ruin--not to
      mention gotten himself locked up in a plastic bubble for nearly three
      months--that was certainly saying something.

      He didn't bother turning around as Mystique slid into the room. "Are they still
      at it?"

      "Yes."

      Erik Lensherr sighed.

      He was having a bad day.

      "Is he at least wearing pants now?"

      "He was when I left."

      Erik Lensherr sighed again. He'd never seen a man more willing to take off his
      pants. If /he'd/ been trapped in the enemy lair, he wouldn't have taken his
      pants off for anything. But no, let any of them leave that pair alone for more
      than a second, and the dratted man would have clothing flying left and right.

      "What about the girl. Is she at least decently clothed?"

      "For the time being."

      Erik Lensherr sighed. His captives were more entranced by each other than the
      pain and torture they were surely about to suffer at his hands. What did a man
      have to do to garner a fearsome reputation these days?

      Once upon a time, he'd been feared.

      Once upon a time, he'd been powerful.

      Now he had to knock on his own prison cell door to avoid getting more of a show
      from the inhabitants than was really healthy for a man his age.

      "Did they look scared at least?" His voice was hopeful.

      Mystique said nothing.

      "Intimidated?"

      That silence was becoming very, very suspicious.

      "Nervous, surely."

      He turned to look at her as the silence dragged on.

      "A little bit uncomfortable?"

      "They're glowing," Mystique said finally.

      "Glowing?" he repeated dully.

      "With happiness," Mystique confirmed.

      "Happiness?"

      A short nod. "I think they kind of see this as some sort of vacation."

      Erik Lensherr sighed.

      He was having a very bad day.

      See if he ever kidnapped Jean and Scott Summers again.

      ~*~

      -Diebin