Fic: "In Dreams" PG-13 (1/1) [Logan/Rogue]

  • Nadja Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2001
      In Dreams

      By Nadja Lee 01/12/01

      Timeline: Set in the movie universe. After the movie

      Universe: Set in the movie universe; NOT the book which goes with it.

      Romance: Logan/Rogue

      Archiving: Want, ASK, take, have.

      Feedback: Yes, please. My e-mail address is neh@....

      Rating: PG-13

      Sequel/series: None

      Dedicated to Bani with all my love. You’ll live on in my heart forever. I love you.

      Part 1:

      I see her, you know. Every night, every time my head touches my pillow she comes to me like a memory from dream or an Angel from above. There is no sweeter torture than this. When I reach for her she disappears and fades away. She’s like fragile glass; hold on too close and she breaks and leaves you with broken pieces of glass digging painfully into your flesh.

      In dreams….in dreams anything can happen yet still I keep loosing her. I try so hard to keep her with me but she keep slipping away.

      I talk with her but she never answers me. I wish she would. When I say I’m sorry I wish she’d say she forgives me. When I say I love her I wish she’d say she knows…I need to hear those words. I need to be certain that she knows.

      My heart hurts but my own thoughts hurts me the worst. All the doubts I have, all the uncertainties. Did she know I loved her? Did she know how much she meant to me? Did I tell her? Did I do everything I could for her? Did I miss the signals she was sending me? Did I? Did she know?

      I’ve thought about talking with someone about this but I don’t know whom it should be. Who would understand? Every time I forget her death for just a minute I feel ashamed and like I’m betraying her memory, if I’m happy for just a moment I feel like I’m dishonouring all she meant to me. But on the other hand; do I mourn her for her sake…or my own?

      I don’t know. I don’t know anything anymore. But I do know this; every night in my dreams she comes to me. All dressed in white she floats over the floor and stands beside my bed. I try not to touch her though all I want to do is take her in my arms. Her lips move but I can’t hear the words. I try so hard to hear them but I can’t. Why can’t I hear her? Is it a sign? That I didn’t listen to her when she was alive? Is it a warning so I won’t do it again?

      I don’t know. But I do know that though seeing her brings tears to my eyes I’ll die without her in my life.

      I wish the nights would last forever so I’ll never be forced to leave her again. So I could always be with her.

      So, I put my head to my pillow and close my eyes and waits for her to reappear. A smile curves my lips when I see her and this time I swear; I’ll not leave her. Not again. Never again. I promised I’ll take care of her and that I will…….that I will.

      And my eyes stay closed forever.

      The End