Poem: What Never Was

  • erowley@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2001
      Title: What Never Was
      Author: Errie Wyvern
      Rating: PG
      Notes: I only a vauge idea what a chalace is, but the word seemed to
      fit at the moment. Written in tutorial, I think it's a fairly good
      poem. And I am pretty sure that melochony, however wrong I spell it,
      has something to do with unhappiness.
      Disclaimer: I own nothing. Got it? It all belongs to Fox and Marvel.

      he brings his noonday chalace
      from his winter walk
      he would like a conversation
      but all the wind will do is talk
      'Goddess is not kind to me.'
      he thinks with rabid melochony
      a warrior of his homeland
      where ever that may be
      he is a born hunter
      stalking through the trees
      he find a little doe
      with sad brown velvet eyes
      and a rippling curtain of hair
      will make a tasty snack
      for the winter earth is bare
      as he steals the little doe
      she makes one desperate plea:
      "Please sir, sir, do help me, my name, it is Marie."
      he ignores her pointed plea
      saying, "Come with Logan dear, he will set you free."
      as she is laying dead and gone
      he sees a memory
      of what was never supposed to be
      a girl, who was as Marie
      laying oh so closely with he
      silver streaks upon her cheeks
      meandering with her hair
      but she never really won
      he fell to his knees
      whispering, "Oh dear God, what on earth have I done?"

      That's it! Feel free to comment on my effort.