Ficlet: It Wasn't Meant to be Like This 1/1 PG13, (Logan POV)

  • CattyGirl
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2001
      Title: It Wasn't Meant to be Like This
      Author: CattyGirl (therealcattygrrl@...)
      Rating: PG-13
      Warning: Character death mentioned
      auburn hair, and I never expected her to change."
      Archive: Sure. Just let me know
      Disclaimer: Not mine. I own nothing - not even my life. Muses stole
      that away years ago.
      Notes: A plot bunny managed to get into my dreams a while back and made me
      suffer through this. Then it wouldn't leave me alone till I wrote it. It's
      not exactly my usual style of stuff, that's for sure.

      It really isn't right.

      Nothing is right, anymore.

      When I went away, looking for my past, I never expected things to change.

      I carried this memory of a kid with white streaked auburn hair, and I never
      expected her to change.

      But then again, I suppose she didn't, really.

      I was gone five years or so, I guess. I wasn't really counting. I went to
      look for my past, or so I said. Really, I was just running. Like I always
      did.

      And I kept on running. I ran until it was far too late.

      It was spring when I came back. It should'a been winter.

      I didn't think to tell anyone I was coming. Never saw any reason why I
      should.

      I just turned up one day. First person I saw was Scooter. Couldn't
      understand why he suddenly smelt all nervous. It wasn't his usual reaction
      to seeing me, that's for sure. It was worrying.

      It was even more worrying when he suggested - oh so gently - that I might
      want to go see Jean.

      And that really worried me. I mean, Scooter was actually suggesting I go and
      find Jean? Normally he'd have been doing everything he could to keep me
      away from her.

      But the only way I could find out what was going on was to do as he
      suggested. So I went to see Jean.

      And now I'm here.

      Standing in front of a grave.

      It wasn't supposed to be like this.

      She wasn't supposed to die.

      But she did. Her name's on the gravestone, clear as clear can be.

      Rogue.

      I promised to protect her.

      I promised. And then I left.

      Runnin' again?

      I hear her say it in my head. I only wish she could be saying it for real.

      I promised to protect her.

      And then I left.

      And now she's dead.

      I hope none of the others come to see if I'm alright.

      I really wouldn't want them to see me crying. I'm tough. A real badass. The
      Wolverine. I don't cry.

      But I'm crying now.

      Oh Marie, if only I hadn't left.

      It wasn't meant to be like this.