Ray Park

  • Una Seckler
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 22 6:14 PM

      >I found out about the X-Men movie on a Darth Maul website, where they
      >said Ray (the man who played him) would be Toad in the movie.

      As an aside, Ray Park also played the Headless Unmounted Horseman in Sleepy
      Hollow.
      Christopher Walken was the Horseman with a Head,
      and an unknown stunt rider was The Headless Mounted horseman.
      I never liked Toad in the comics, but he really
      comes across as pretty cool in the movie.
    • Anya Smith
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 22 6:15 PM
        I've been into the X-Men since I was pretty young, and I used to
        watch the animated series when Fox still aired episodes (until this
        week of course). I was never much for the comics but I've always been
        known to pick up Woleverine and Generation X on occassion. :)

        I found out about the X-Men movie on a Darth Maul website, where they
        said Ray (the man who played him) would be Toad in the movie. I kind
        of found this odd, considering Toad was a hunchback in the few comics
        I had read that featured him. This lead me to look into X-Men stuff
        online to find out if I was right and I've been reading fics about
        them since. I have a particular love for the villains (in all things,
        not just X-Men) so expect whatever I write to be about the
        Brotherhood. Can't wait to get to know all of ya better.

        Huggels,
        Anya
      • Anya Smith
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 22 11:00 PM
          He was also a stuntman in Mortal Kombat: Annilation... although
          claiming to have anything to do with that movie might be bad for
          credibility... I wish I could get the eight bucks I paid to see that
          thing back!

          I like Toad Version 2.0 more than the comic one too. And it's not
          just the fact that Ray Park is hot... really... I'm
          serious... ::quiet snickering::

          Honestly, the Toad in the comic is sorta stupid... not to mention an
          ass kisser. This one seems a bit more intelligent (he can fly a
          helicopter and you kinda get the "Tech Guy" vibe from him) and he has
          more powers.

          It was a shame the way he "died" (ya never know, comic book
          characters have a habit of being re-born). I mean, that Storm line
          was quite possibly the cheesist thing I've heard in a movie. Although
          Halle Berry DOES look like Storm (...kind of...) I don't think she's
          really suited for action movies. She was great in Dorthey Danderadge
          (I REALLY mis-spelled that) but that isn't really the same catagory
          as superhero. Oh well! G'Night folks.

          Toads and Lighting,
          Anya
        • Spyke Raven
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 6, 2000
            Hello. Thought I'd introduce myself, being the new
            member on the block.
            I saw the X-Men movie this Saturday, having finally
            dragged myself out of university for long enough, and
            well, spent the whole of the weekend scouring the net
            for places to indulge my new addiction at. =)

            I'm also a BtVS and AtS fan, write lots of that
            fiction. Just tried my hand at an X-Men one too. I
            love reading and writing fiction. Um, I really can't
            think of anything else you might want to know about
            me, but thanks for reading!

            =)
            Spyke

            =====