FIC: Through the Years: Prologue

  • Autumn Biggins
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2001
      Title: Through the Years: Prologue

      Series: Through the Years

      Author: Autumn

      E-mail: eddievedderismylife@...

      Catagorey: Angst

      Rating: 'R'

      Archive Rights: Mutual Admiration, WRFA, XMMFFC, others please ask first.

      Disclaimer: I do not own a thing.

      Author's Notes: This story begins from a plot bunny from Khaki. Except,
      this little bunny was dyslexic, so the roles were reversed. In the bunny's
      world Sabertooth kidnaps Rogue, except this is my world and the plotbunny
      is dyslexic, which caused me to write it the other way around. Kinda.
      You'll see what I mean.

      The historical content of the upcoming chapters is for the most part
      accurate. Loose portrayals of historical figures will be noted. The events
      are real, however astounding and at times horrifying, I assure you they did
      happen.

      I would like to thank Celia, Khaki, Nadja, Missy and Jonas for sending me
      information. Though I haven't used it yet, it'll come in handy later on.

      Final thanks to Karen and Jonas for their hard work and excellent
      suggestions on how to make this story work. I owe you one, ot three...

      THROUGH THE YEARS: PROLOGUE

      Westchester New York
      The not so distant future.....

      On a hot summer�s day the Wolverine was doing the unimaginable, he was at
      a picnic. Not the most manly time-waster, but as he was in the company of
      his best friend and the most important person in his life, he didn't
      particularly care.
      Marie was stretched out on the green and blue checkered blanket dozing
      lightly while Logan watched over her. He was currently debating the merits
      of lying down beside her, when a sudden bout of weariness hit him. He
      surrendered to it and carefully arranged himself around Marie, so as not to
      appear " too friendly" yet to the casual observer it would be apparent that
      the two were an item.
      Thought of how to broach that subject lazily ran through his mind as he
      fell asleep. Logan was snoring by the time said casual observer stealthily
      locked his sights in and shot the darts at the sleeping pair. He swiftly
      stalked over and bound their wrists and ankles in adamntium chains.

      Victor Creed drove the vehicle from the clearing and deposited the
      Couple in the hollowed out back of the old UPS van. He chuckled mirthlessly
      to himself before hopping into the drivers seat and turning towards what was
      the future that would inevitably unite the three occupants of the truck.
      Fate had a goddamn wicked sense of humor.

      Three Hours Later...........

      The dreams again. Men in masks, liquid, the slashing of a knife,
      Laughter, champagne glasses clinking. It never ended, He tried to move, but
      couldn't. Trapped in the hell that was hisown memory. He struggled towards
      consciousness, knowing that was the only way to end the terror. He broke
      through and realized where he was. Panic registered in his brain as he felt
      the familiar cuffs, and saw the sterile and clinical surroundings that one
      only sees in a laboratory.

      A little further off he saw Marie! Thankfully she wasn't cuffed but was
      lying in a hospital bed, apparently still asleep. The sound of a door
      opening snapped his head to his left. A low growl began when Logan caught
      sight of who it was.

      "What the fuck do ya want with Marie?" Logan growled out.

      " Nice to see ya too, runt" an amused Sabertooth shot back.

      "You touch her, I will fuckin' kill you. I swear to God, I will fuckin' rip
      you up so good your healing factor won't even know where to start."

      "Funny you should mention that. Given your family history and all." Creed
      sneered.

      "You know somethin' you ain't tell me fuckhead? Let me out of these
      things."

      "Does it creep you out? Make you uncomfortable?" Creed asked with genuine
      Curiosity.

      "No I enjoyed being fuckin' cuffed up like a lab rat. Let me out." An
      angry Wolverine commanded.

      "For what I'm about to tell you, I think its best you stay cuffed."

      "Cut the damn theatrics, what the hell is going on. And why is Marie in
      here?"

      " The girl's here cause I know she's the only one that'll be able to calm ya
      down after what I tell you." Creed explained.

      "Why ain't you out with Buckethead?"

      Victor's face darkened momentarily before he cleared his throat and
      answered simply, "I had a change of heart."

      From over in the corner, the two voices, Logan's considerably louder
      than the other, awoke Marie. Sabertooth and Logan were in the same room, and
      they weren't trying to rip the other's head off. She blinked and pinched
      herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

      "Logan? What's going on?"

      "I don't know Marie. The furball here apparently kidnapped us."

      "Fine, if you don't want to know about your past, keep being an asshole."
      Creed bit out angrily.

      "Hey dipshit! You ruined our picnic, kidnapped us and you're seriously
      pissing me off. Now, tell Logan what's going on." Marie demanded.

      Not wishing to piss off a woman that could rip his head off as easily as
      look at him Victor wisely complied. �Okay. Erik, found some old medical
      journals and diaries from an English doctor named Rosemahn. Logan and
      myself are mentioned in them. It was through Logan's past that I discovered
      my own. This doctor used Logan as a test subject on human memory. He
      suppressed Logan's true memories and implanted false ones. He later went
      back in and erased the false memories along with the original ones. Erik
      copied the formula used to retrieve lost memories. He used it on me, and I
      know who I am."

      "No fuckin' way." Logan growled at the bigger man.

      "Yes fuckin' way. Look, I can give you your memories back. Your past.
      Everything you wanted to know about Weapon X, and even before that. It's
      your life Logan, fuckin' think about it for Christ's sake."

      Logan took a deep breath. His past. He'd spent sixteen years looking
      for it, and it was right under the overgrown housecat's nose. He'd stopped
      looking when he realized as long as he had Marie, his past didn't matter.
      But still, she deserved to know what she was getting herself into, right?
      "Ok." he grunted.

      Sabertooth came at him with a needle and silently plunged it into his
      vein. He lost consciousness and the vision began...

      "The Sweeter the sin, the bitter the taste, in my mouth."-U2

      " I see a girl of the night with a baby in her hand
      Under an old streetlight next to a garbage can
      Now she put her kid away and she's gonna get ahead
      She hates her life and what she's done with it
      That's one more kid that'll never go to school
      Never get to fall in love, never get to be cool"
      -Rockin' in the Free World, Neil Young

      "In this life, there are nothing but posibilities."-Empire Records

      Lucas: Waren, look what you took. Rap, metal, rap, metal, Whitney Houston?
      Waren: Its for my girlfriend.
      Lucas: Sure it is. A guy like you needs to diminsh his criminal impulses,
      not magnify them!
      - Empire Records