fic Head Games PG(language)

  • LINDA JOHNSON
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2001
      Title: Head Games Author: Linda J. Email: adnilnosnhoj@... Feed back: is all ways nice. Permission to Archive: Just let me know OK Category: General Humor Rating PG for language Summary: Toad and Sabertooth the possibility of destiny..

      Disclaimer: All these characters belong to Marvel comics and Fox. I only get to take them out once in a while and play with them.

      "There you are" Toad exclaimed once he reached the cliff where Sabertooth had perched himself. Of course the cat-like mutant had picked the hardest place to reach on the island. He had been there sense morning laying on his back with his arms folded under his head looking up into the sky. It really pissed off the amphibian that once again he had been sent out to find the shaggy beast very much the same way a boy is sent out to fetch the family pet that has strayed from the yard. "Why did you turn your pager off again? You know that pisses off the ol' man." Creed said nothing. Instead, he continued to gaze at the clouds which floated by. Toad rolled his eyes indegust. Where in hell did Magneto find this rocket scientist, Toad could only imagine. "He sent me to get you." Toad continued, "He has another job for you." Still, Sabertooth pretended to hear nothing. Toad, then got closer to Sabertooth and leaned over his head, blocking his view. "Magneto..." he spoke slowly. He hoped that if he spoke more clearly that maybe even Sabertooth would understand."wants you to report to him...so he can explain what he is wanting from you." Once more, no reply. "Victor...Victor Creed..." The amphibian was singing."Iknow you can hear me...I know you understand everything you are saying..." Toad took great joy in treating Victor as if he were stupid and he knew tha the could get away with it too. Magneto had made it clear that under No circumstance was member of the brotherhood allowed to kill another member. This was a rule that everyone stretched to its limit. Sabertooth did however have his own way of getting even. He knew just how to piss the little bastard off, just like he knew how the piss off Mags. It was he way of reminding these people that they didn't control him. True, he was willing to cooperate, but only went it suited him.

      So the game continued. He waited a good minute or so before he seemed to come out of his trance. He looked up into Toad's eyes. "Hay Wart...Do ya believe in destiny? I mean...do ya think there is a purpose to all this?" Toad was shocked. He straightend his posture; Sabertooth went back to cloud watching. "I don't know." the amphibian spoke blankly. Creed took a deep breath and spoke thoughtfully "I believe that there is somethin' to this *destiny*. I don't see how we just happen to nbspup the way we do and it all be fer nothin'. That don't make olnse."&nbnbspToad found himself ponnbspng as well. Not so much on what Victor had said, but that it was Victor who had said indegust; "Is this what you do, Victor? Spend the time pondering the mysteries of life?" Sabertooth nodded his head "Yeah..." As if he were thinking *Why wouldn't I* "All the time. Don't you?" Toad was beginning to feel very shallow. Not...really." he muttered. The two men were silent for a few awkward moments Then Sabertooth added one more thing. "Oh, by the way Wart...", with astonshing speed Sabertooth grabbed Toad's leg and flung him over the edge of the cliff."That's fer distrubing me." Creed could hear the amphibian yelling and cussing all the down. When he got up to stretch, Victor looked over the edge and saw that Toad was dangling from the branch of a tree with his tongue. *Guess I'll go see what the ol' man wants." He stretched once more and yawned a lazy roar. *No point in biting the hand that feeds me.* He noticed that Toad had made it to the bottom without harm. *Damn. Well maybe I'll have better luck next time.*