OT: poem: Screaming --- A Lamentation (dedicated to those who've suffered)

  • clone347@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2001
      I know I am a newbie here, and this wasn't exactly the introductory fic I
      had planned to post, but it is something that I feel very urgently and
      deeply.
            I went through the majority of the day without much knowledge of what
      to say or do or think, and so finally I turned to my writing in hopes that it
      can express what my conscious mind couldn't seem to grasp. This poem was the
      result. It is dedicated to all of those who have suffered today, to the
      victims, to the families and friends, to everyone whose lives will never be
      the same. It is my hope that my heart can express the feelings my voice
      cannot.

      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      Screaming-- A Lamentation
      by darkstar
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      in that moment
      the moment without a name
      the moment without sanity or reason
      or hope,
      in that moment we were not angry.
      none of us were.
      we were too frozen for that.
      we were too numb, all of us.
      we imploded on ourselves,
      we were shocked.

      in that moment
      we shed no tears of pain.
      we shook no fists and defied no
      stars.
      this would come later--
      minutes, hours, days, weeks--
      along with the anger, and the hate,
      and the pain,
      when we closed our eyes and knew
      that for a month of nights
      we would wake screaming.

      All of us.

      God be with you all, and with our nation.

      darkstar

      Though I walk through the valley of
      the shadow of death,
      I will fear no evil,