FIC REPOST: Choices, 0/?, R/NC17, W/R R/G W/f

  • fyrdrakken@JUNO.COM
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2001
      "Choices"
      By FyrDrakken <FyrDrakken@...>

      Rating: R/NC17, for language, eventual smut, and nasty adult situations.

      **WARNING**: This fic portrays an abusive relationship. Sensitive or
      easily offended readers be advised.

      Archive: Earlier parts of this story may be found on my fic archive site
      at www.wolverineandrogue.com/fyrdrakken/ — also to the WR Fanfic Archive
      and X-Men Movie Fanfic Archive when completed. Others just ask first and
      permission will no doubt be given!

      Classification: Angst, eventual smut. Logan/Marie, Marie/Remy,
      Logan/female — in no particular order.

      Series: Unrelated to anything else I’ve written or plan to write, and
      once you get a few scenes into this you’ll be glad...

      Disclaimer: Lots of corporations like Fox and Marvel, and people like
      Bryan Singer and Hugh Jackman and Anna Paquin, hold more rights in the
      characters and settings I'm playing with than I do. But I'm even more
      broke than Marvel, so I'm not worth the time and trouble of suing... The
      only "profit" I'm getting out of this is getting the demons out of my
      head without resorting to my family's traditional substance abuse, serial
      marriages and/or self-mutilation...

      Feedback: Questions, comments and snide remarks directed to
      <FyrDrakken@...> will receive guaranteed responses. Messages sent to
      a list may go unnoticed indefinitely, me being on so many now that I've
      had to go "no mail" on most of them. ;-) As an Elitist Fic Bitch in good
      standing, I welcome constructive criticism — if there's a problem in
      something I've written I *really* want to know about it so I can fix it!

      Thanks: To all those whose feedback on my three prior stories (and
      repeated requests and demands for sequels!) have given the incentive to
      continue to lose sleep slaving over an overheating laptop! And again to
      jenn for her betaing and AIM encouragement...

      Soundtrack and quotations: To those who might be interested in such
      things, I wrote part of the opening pages of this story while listening
      to angry Swedish chicks (Drain S.T.H. — _Horror Wrestling_), part while
      listening to the best of Enya (_Paint the Sky With Stars_), and part
      while listening to Danzig. Betcha can’t tell where I switched CDs... ;-D
      (I think I have proven to my own satisfaction that the music I’m hearing
      while writing doesn’t do that much to affect the mood of the fic thus
      produced.) With that being said, my quotes and lyrics collection was
      still stuck on the hard drive of my defunct laptop for the beginning of
      this story, so my early choices of mood-setting quotes were mostly
      limited to two albums. Tool’s _Lateralus_ is beautifully layered with
      haunting lyrics sung through clenched teeth, and Linkin Park’s _Hybrid
      Theory_ is anger and pain yowled into the radio waves. They fit the story
      lyrically, but don’t feel compelled to listen to either or both albums to
      provide an actual "soundtrack" to this story. (Unless, of course, you’re
      a nu-metal fan...)

      Note:
      [ ] = Thoughts
      * * = Emphasis
      / / = Rogue reliving a bit of borrowed memory

      * * *

      FyrDrakken
      She Whose Quotations Are Both Exotic and Appropriate
      Keeper of his Deadly Startle Reflexes, Guardian and Examiner of the
      Adamantium-Revealing X-Rays, and Official Listener for the Occasional
      Aussie Vowels

      "You see, my real dad is an angel. One of the really _important_ ones.
      But I don't care. I really don't. Because I'm on the _devil's_ side.
      Because he keeps promises. And he has the most _amazing_ eyes."
      -- Elaine, LUCIFER #15, by Mike Carey
      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
    • fyrdrakken@JUNO.COM
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 26, 2001
        HO-freaking-HO! Well I've been having a blasted wonderful month --
        gainfully employed unlike many, in tolerable physical condition, having
        fun in real life, and able to enjoy the season without letting the
        stresses get me down. And in keeping with my bouncy mood, of course I've
        only been able to write angst. (Balance must be sought in one's
        existence.) So here's another dose of marital angst, to celebrate the
        season and (more importantly) to celebrate my breasts having gotten more
        attention last weekend than they've gotten in the past two years. (As if
        I needed another reason to be chipper now! :-D )

[...]

        Thanks: To all those whose feedback on my prior stories (and
        repeated requests and demands for sequels!) have given the incentive to
        continue to lose sleep slaving over an overheating laptop! And again to
        jenn for her betaing and AIM encouragement...

        Note:
        [ ] = Thoughts
        * * = Emphasis
        / / = Rogue reliving a bit of borrowed memory

        * * *

        FyrDrakken
        She Whose Quotations Are Both Exotic and Appropriate
        Keeper of his Deadly Startle Reflexes, Guardian and Examiner of the
        Adamantium-Revealing X-Rays, and Official Listener for the Occasional
        Aussie Vowels

        "Associated with the unconquerable power of the sun, the Roman Mithraic
        feast of Sol Invictus gave the traditional birth date of Christ, 25
        December."
        -- "Mithra," _Encyclopedia of World Mythology, Arthur Cotterell ed.
        GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.