Re: [xmenmoviefanfic] OT: question burning on my mind

  • Minisinoo
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9, 2001
      Natalia - Hi. Your question should be directed over to this list's
      sister group, which was created for discussion of just this type:

      xmenmoviefanficdisc@yahoogroups.com

      This particular group, xmenmoviefanfic@yahoogroups.com, is solely for
      the posting of fanfic, announcements about fic-related
      sites/archives, and fic challenges/requests. :-) (The list is just
      too big to allow discussion.)

      =====
      Mitakuye oyasin,
      --Min
      The Medicine Wheel: X-Men Fanfic
      http://www.geocities.com/minisinoo

      http://im.yahoo.com
    • clone347@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 10, 2001
        <<1) why do logan/rogue shippers like the couple together soooo much? >>

        Oooo, I'm so glad you asked ::evil laugh::
        I was recently asked a question along those very lines and it made me
        actually take the time to sit down and think out my obsession. And here's my
        little
        method for my madness...

        I could discuss the relationship between Logan and Rogue for hours,
        but I will try to be as concise as possible. I am also an X-files fan, and
        the Mulder-Scully relationship fascinates me because it is based on a
        spiritual, soul-mate connection than sheer physical attraction. After
        watching the show for a while, I began to look for similar connections in
        other couples that I saw in television or movies. It's not easy to find,
        these days, but as soon as I saw Logan and Rogue together I knew I'd
        scored a hit. I think of them as another example of a relationship where the
        intangible, often unsaid, things are the most important. Physical attraction
        is a part of it (Just look at the man...what red-blooded American gal
        wouldn't be reduced to drool?) but it's not the main focus. What really draws
        them together, in my mind, is that no one else would understand them in the
        way they understand each other. He's the only one who can touch her skin and
        live; she's the only one who can touch his soul, who knows what he's really
        like beyond all the bluster. This sense of understanding and acceptance
        creates an intense desire to protect the other and to
        make life better for the other. They will do whatever is necessary. That's
        definitely a mark of soulmates-- a sudden, strong attraction that grows into
        a deep, almost spiritual love. There are aspects of their character that
        never come out unless they are together. He gives her reasons to trust, she
        gives him reasons to be human.
        It's a selfless love but it's also a selfish love. It consumes both of
        them, but they are willing to be consumed. It demands things of one
        another that they would never think of giving anyone else, but these
        things are freely shared between them. That's what gives it texture-- the
        many paradoxes in their relationship.
        I'm enthralled. I first saw the movie eight months ago and I'm still as
        fascinated now as the first time I saw it. If you can find a soulmate
        relationship in Hollywood, then there's hope that you can find it in real
        life. But maybe that's just the idealism
        of youth. ::grins::