OT: question burning on my mind

  • sputiehead@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9, 2001
      hey all... sorry if this is just another e-mail to clutter your mail-boxes
      with... but as the subject said, i've got a (few{two}) question(s) on my mind
      that's been bothering... or plauging me for quite some time...

      1) why do logan/rogue shippers like the couple together soooo much?

      2) why do gambit/rogue shippers like the couple together soooo much?

      i was just curious... (i know why i like rogue and gambit together...) but i
      wanted to get other peoples perspectives.

      and... i did intend to put the answers up on my page... unless you ask me not
      to.

      many thanks,
      natalia M. vronsky

    • Minisinoo
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 9, 2001
        Natalia - Hi. Your question should be directed over to this list's
        sister group, which was created for discussion of just this type:

        xmenmoviefanficdisc@yahoogroups.com

        This particular group, xmenmoviefanfic@yahoogroups.com, is solely for
        the posting of fanfic, announcements about fic-related
        sites/archives, and fic challenges/requests. :-) (The list is just
        too big to allow discussion.)

        =====
        Mitakuye oyasin,
        --Min
        The Medicine Wheel: X-Men Fanfic
        http://www.geocities.com/minisinoo

        http://im.yahoo.com
      • clone347@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 10, 2001
          <<1) why do logan/rogue shippers like the couple together soooo much? >>

          Oooo, I'm so glad you asked ::evil laugh::
          I was recently asked a question along those very lines and it made me
          actually take the time to sit down and think out my obsession. And here's my
          little
          method for my madness...

          I could discuss the relationship between Logan and Rogue for hours,
          but I will try to be as concise as possible. I am also an X-files fan, and
          the Mulder-Scully relationship fascinates me because it is based on a
          spiritual, soul-mate connection than sheer physical attraction. After
          watching the show for a while, I began to look for similar connections in
          other couples that I saw in television or movies. It's not easy to find,
          these days, but as soon as I saw Logan and Rogue together I knew I'd
          scored a hit. I think of them as another example of a relationship where the
          intangible, often unsaid, things are the most important. Physical attraction
          is a part of it (Just look at the man...what red-blooded American gal
          wouldn't be reduced to drool?) but it's not the main focus. What really draws
          them together, in my mind, is that no one else would understand them in the
          way they understand each other. He's the only one who can touch her skin and
          live; she's the only one who can touch his soul, who knows what he's really
          like beyond all the bluster. This sense of understanding and acceptance
          creates an intense desire to protect the other and to
          make life better for the other. They will do whatever is necessary. That's
          definitely a mark of soulmates-- a sudden, strong attraction that grows into
          a deep, almost spiritual love. There are aspects of their character that
          never come out unless they are together. He gives her reasons to trust, she
          gives him reasons to be human.
          It's a selfless love but it's also a selfish love. It consumes both of
          them, but they are willing to be consumed. It demands things of one
          another that they would never think of giving anyone else, but these
          things are freely shared between them. That's what gives it texture-- the
          many paradoxes in their relationship.
          I'm enthralled. I first saw the movie eight months ago and I'm still as
          fascinated now as the first time I saw it. If you can find a soulmate
          relationship in Hollywood, then there's hope that you can find it in real
          life. But maybe that's just the idealism
          of youth. ::grins::