greetings and introductions

  • clone347@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2001
      Hello.
      My name is darkstar and I'm a fan-fic addict. Did I come to the right
      place for
      the twelve step program? Probably not, judging from the list name, but
      rehab's boring anyway. Actually I'll bet you guys could supply a girl with
      some really good fixes.

      A little about me would me in order, I suppose.
      I first saw the X-men movie Christmas of 2000. To be honest, I rented
      it without expecting anything incredible, just a good movie to kill time over
      the holiday. Ha.
      I was blown away by the complexity of the characterizations and the
      fascinating relationship between Logan and Rogue. After watching the movie
      several more times
      (four times in two days, I believe) I decided to try my hand at fan fiction.
      Should have known that would lock me into the obsession. I have been writing
      fan fiction prose and poetry since January. Most of my writing falls on the
      darker side...blame it on my fascination with post-Mutant Registration
      fiction. I still have a lot to learn, but I'm sure that this list will be
      the place to find it out.

      My favorite characters to write are (obviously) Logan and Rogue but I
      am also a
      strong Scott-Jean relationshipper. I enjoying writing Scott more than Jean,
      probably because I identify him with the Luke Skywalker crush I had in fifth
      grade and have never completely gotten over. ::sigh::

      My favorite stories are A Place by Arcthalia, The Eighteen Series by
      Terri, and
      Jus Ad Bellum by Jenn. Look them up sometime, if you get a chance...they're
      truly
      inspiring.

      I've heard good things about this list, and am excited to be a part of
      it. Please excuse if this has sounded rather insane....I've just finished
      studying for a speech
      test. Studying always leaves me semi-incoherent. It's an allergy, I think.

      darkstar

      PS
      I'm not entirely sure that this is the proper procedure for an
      introduction, so feel free to send me to my room if I've done it wrong. Or
      better yet, let Logan send me to his room :)