FIC REPOST: Summer's End, 0/18, PG13/R, W/R

  • fyrdrakken@JUNO.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2001
      "Summer’s End"
      by FyrDrakken <FyrDrakken@...>

      Rating: PG13/R, language, violence and perhaps adult situations but no
      explicit smut.

      Archive: Eventually on my newly transferred fic archive site at
      www.wolverineandrogue.com/fyrdrakken/ — also to the WR Fanfic Archive and
      X-Men Movie Fanfic Archive when completed. Others just ask first and
      permission will no doubt be given!

      Classification: Angst, comedy, character development, implied smut.
      Logan/Marie.

      Series: An alternate pathway striking off from the end of "Practice Makes
      Perfect." Reading "Practice" at least through the part currently
      appearing at my fic archive would supply all background that might be
      desired for the given situation.

      Disclaimer: Lots of corporations like Fox and Marvel, and people like
      Bryan Singer and Hugh Jackman and Anna Paquin, hold more rights in the
      characters and settings I'm playing with than I do. But I'm even more
      broke than Marvel, so I'm not worth the time and trouble of suing... The
      only "profit" I'm getting out of this is getting the demons out of my
      head without resorting to my family's traditional substance abuse, serial
      marriages and/or self-mutilation...

      Feedback: Questions, comments and snide remarks directed to
      <FyrDrakken@...> will receive guaranteed responses. Messages sent to
      a list may go unnoticed indefinitely, me being on so many now that I've
      had to go "no mail" on most of them. ;-) As an Elitist Fic Bitch in good
      standing, I welcome constructive criticism — if there's a problem in
      something I've written I *really* want to know about it so I can fix it!

      Thanks: To all those whose feedback on my prior stories (and repeated
      requests and demands for sequels!) have given the incentive to continue
      to lose sleep slaving over an overheating laptop! And again to jenn for
      her betaing and AIM encouragement...

      Regarding the supporting characters: I have no problem with creating
      original characters as I see fit. The problem arises when I try to create
      original *mutant* characters, because I just can’t seem to make up the
      freaky powers and physical characteristics seen in the Marvel Universe —
      let alone the cringeworthy codenames. For the purposes of this story, I
      therefore did a bit of online research on Emma Frost’s former students,
      the Hellions. The characters I’ve used were lifted right from the comics,
      although in the cases of two blokes who were killed off before their real
      names were mentioned I chose to invent given names rather than continue
      to refer to them by their — gak! — codenames. (Can anyone even tell me
      what "Bevatron" *means*?!) Anyway, I blame the comics for the ridiculous
      characters found herein. (The good bits are of course mine. Though
      Catseye seemed potentially cool in the comics...)

      Note:
      [ ] = Thoughts
      * * = Emphasis
      / / = Rogue (or someone else) reliving a bit of borrowed memory
      :: :: = Telepathy

      * * *

      FyrDrakken
      She Whose Quotations Are Both Exotic and Appropriate
      Keeper of his Deadly Startle Reflexes, Guardian and Examiner of the
      Adamantium-Revealing X-Rays, and Official Listener for the Occasional
      Aussie Vowels

      "Okay, then, you have to promise if I say something you don't like you
      won't do that voice that sounds like people with wet and bubbly stuff in
      their lungs buried under the ground being crushed to death by giant worms
      talking."
      -- Delirium, SANDMAN #41, by Neil Gaiman
      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.