FIC: Just Between Friends, 0/2, R/NC17, Kurt/Kitty

  • fyrdrakken@JUNO.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2001
      "Just Between Friends"
      by FyrDrakken <FyrDrakken@...>

      Rating: R/NC17 for sex.

      Archive: X-Men Movie Fanfic Archive, all others ask first. (The answer
      will no doubt be yes — I'm easy! — but I like to know who's got my
      stuff!)

      Classification: Character development and smut, immediately followed by
      angst

      Character note: This is only movie-based fic by the widest possible
      definition, since the main characters are a girl who had one speaking
      line in the movie and a guy who wasn’t there at all. For the readers
      unfamiliar with the comics and the _X-Men: Evolution_ cartoon, Kurt
      "Nightcrawler" Wagner is Mystique’s fuzzy blue teleporting acrobatic
      X-Man son. If you’d like to see what he looks like, check out a few
      particularly nice images at:
      http://www.wolverineandrogue.com/fyrdrakken/KurtPics.htm, courtesy of the
      Nightcrawler Shrine Galleries at
      http://members.dencity.com/Nightcrawler09/Imgindex.html. (I’d have linked
      directly to a good pic at the Nightcrawler Shrine, but the server there
      is cranky at best.)

      Series: Taking place in the same continuity as "Practice Makes Perfect,"
      although some months afterwards. "Practice" and my other stories may be
      found at http://www.wolverineandrogue.com/fyrdrakken/

      Disclaimer: Lots of corporations like Fox and Marvel hold more rights in
      the characters and settings I'm playing with than I do. But I'm even more
      broke than Marvel, so I'm not worth the time and trouble of suing... The
      only "profit" I'm getting out of this is getting the demons out of my
      head without resorting to my family's traditional substance abuse, serial
      marriages and/or self-mutilation...

      Feedback: Questions, comments and snide remarks directed to
      <FyrDrakken@...> will receive guaranteed responses. Messages sent to
      a list may go unnoticed indefinitely, me being on so many now that I've
      had to go "no mail" on most of them. ;-) As an Elitist Fic Bitch in good
      standing, I welcome constructive criticism -- if there's a problem in
      something I've written I *really* want to know about it so I can fix it!

      Thanks: To jenn, for nagging me to finish this and convincing me that I
      wasn’t the only one being haunted by images of a blue-velvet-covered
      washboard tummy, mmm... :Ahem: Also to the Dr. Pepper Bottling Company
      and the Ronrico Rum Company. My normal beverage of choice when writing
      smut is cocoa, but for some fic the Swiss Miss just ain’t gonna cut it.
      On *those* nights I need to mix the defining cola flavor of my skanky
      tasteless native city of Dallas with an 80-proof Puerto Rican kick... (As
      if I could actually write furry porn *sober*!) And to Bree for help with
      the minimal amount of German I used. (If I messed it up, it’s Babelfish’s
      fault, not hers!)

      Note:
      [ ] = Thoughts
      * * = Emphasis
      ( ) = Translations or parenthetical remarks

      * * *

      This is it, folks -- one of the two little things I've been working on in
      recent weeks *instead* of "Summer's End," "Practice Makes Perfect" or
      "Choices"! With these out of the way, I should be back on track soon!

      FyrDrakken
      She Whose Quotations Are Both Exotic and Appropriate
      Keeper of his Deadly Startle Reflexes, Guardian and Examiner of the
      Adamantium-Revealing X-Rays, and Official Listener for the Occasional
      Aussie Vowels

      "Okay, then, you have to promise if I say something you don't like you
      won't do that voice that sounds like people with wet and bubbly stuff in
      their lungs buried under the ground being crushed to death by giant worms
      talking."
      -- Delirium, SANDMAN #41, by Neil Gaiman
      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.