Introduction

  • Meredith Garcia
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 22, 2000
      Hey, guys. New to this list and I thought I'd introduce myself.

      I'm a newbie to X-Men fic, but I read a lot of other fandoms and
      write
      Roswell. (There are a lot of us Roswell people, huh? Some deep
      primal attachment to characters with not-quite-human genetics and
      superpowers?)

      I love the fic that's been sent to the list so far, and am
      eagerly looking forward to more! I've got one fic started already, a
      Jean POV. So...nice to meet you all!

      Mere
    • Una Seckler
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 22, 2000

        >I found out about the X-Men movie on a Darth Maul website, where they
        >said Ray (the man who played him) would be Toad in the movie.

        As an aside, Ray Park also played the Headless Unmounted Horseman in Sleepy
        Hollow.
        Christopher Walken was the Horseman with a Head,
        and an unknown stunt rider was The Headless Mounted horseman.
        I never liked Toad in the comics, but he really
        comes across as pretty cool in the movie.
      • Anya Smith
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 22, 2000
          I've been into the X-Men since I was pretty young, and I used to
          watch the animated series when Fox still aired episodes (until this
          week of course). I was never much for the comics but I've always been
          known to pick up Woleverine and Generation X on occassion. :)

          I found out about the X-Men movie on a Darth Maul website, where they
          said Ray (the man who played him) would be Toad in the movie. I kind
          of found this odd, considering Toad was a hunchback in the few comics
          I had read that featured him. This lead me to look into X-Men stuff
          online to find out if I was right and I've been reading fics about
          them since. I have a particular love for the villains (in all things,
          not just X-Men) so expect whatever I write to be about the
          Brotherhood. Can't wait to get to know all of ya better.

          Huggels,
          Anya
        • Anya Smith
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 22, 2000
            He was also a stuntman in Mortal Kombat: Annilation... although
            claiming to have anything to do with that movie might be bad for
            credibility... I wish I could get the eight bucks I paid to see that
            thing back!

            I like Toad Version 2.0 more than the comic one too. And it's not
            just the fact that Ray Park is hot... really... I'm
            serious... ::quiet snickering::

            Honestly, the Toad in the comic is sorta stupid... not to mention an
            ass kisser. This one seems a bit more intelligent (he can fly a
            helicopter and you kinda get the "Tech Guy" vibe from him) and he has
            more powers.

            It was a shame the way he "died" (ya never know, comic book
            characters have a habit of being re-born). I mean, that Storm line
            was quite possibly the cheesist thing I've heard in a movie. Although
            Halle Berry DOES look like Storm (...kind of...) I don't think she's
            really suited for action movies. She was great in Dorthey Danderadge
            (I REALLY mis-spelled that) but that isn't really the same catagory
            as superhero. Oh well! G'Night folks.

            Toads and Lighting,
            Anya
          • Isabella
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 23, 2000
              Hey, everyone. Just a brief introduction.

              I have to confess that I'm a newbie to the X-Men fictional universe
              (haven't the habit of reading the Comics or watching the cartoon). The
              moment I saw the trailer of the movie, though, I became enthralled
              by the characters, their backgrounds... I wanted to know would happen
              to them, I started caring. And that's the reason I'm here. To learn my
              way into this universe.

              Also, I'm a big fan of fic writing. Since I've discovered the first
              piece a couple of years ago, I haven't stopped reading (lately, I have
              even tried my hand at writing). Name the fandom and I'll probably say
              I have read at least a work inspired by it.

              Like some of the members, I'm also a Roswell's fan. And, like them,
              I'm already familiar to Elizabeth's writings (I love everything you
              have written and consider your site the best Roswell Archive on the
              net).

              I have been enjoying everything that has been posted so far (you're a
              bunch of very talented writers) and can't wait for more.

              Keep up the good work.

              Isabella mailto:isabsm@...
            • Spyke Raven
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 6, 2000
                Hello. Thought I'd introduce myself, being the new
                member on the block.
                I saw the X-Men movie this Saturday, having finally
                dragged myself out of university for long enough, and
                well, spent the whole of the weekend scouring the net
                for places to indulge my new addiction at. =)

                I'm also a BtVS and AtS fan, write lots of that
                fiction. Just tried my hand at an X-Men one too. I
                love reading and writing fiction. Um, I really can't
                think of anything else you might want to know about
                me, but thanks for reading!

                =)
                Spyke

                =====