FIC: Summer's End, 13/?, PG13/R, W/R

  • fyrdrakken@JUNO.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2001
      DISCLAIMERS REPOSTED IN PART 0

      * * *

      Marie had just dropped her chemistry books off in her room and was
      heading for dinner. She knew Logan would be arriving today, and was
      abstractedly wondering when he’d get there and whether she’d get to see
      him before he faced the Ice Queen in her stronghold.

      With thoughts like these in her mind, she was therefore unsurprised to
      heard a sudden voice behind her.

      "Hey. These preppies been treatin’ you all right?"

      "*LOGAN*!!" she yelped in glee, diving into his arms. Vaguely aware that
      they were in a populated part of the campus, she only intended a
      platonic-appearing (albeit enthusiastic) hug.

      So when he put a hand under her jaw and lifted it for a kiss, she took a
      trickle of thought from the contact to find out why he was so unconcerned
      with the appearance of propriety.

      It was all there at the forefront of his mind waiting for her — the
      ridiculously uneven fight, the interview, Frosty’s indecent proposal, and
      his refusal. She sighed a little against his cheek. Anger at the woman’s
      perfidy would come later — first came the disappointment that Logan
      wouldn’t be transferring to the Academy with her.

      There were a few other things at the surface of Logan’s thoughts — such
      as the mischievous desire to put on a scandalous show and warn the punks
      away from his girl. Not having seen her lover for a week — and having to
      say goodbye to him again immediately — Marie was more than happy to
      comply, running her hands up under his jacket and leaning further into
      the kiss. When Logan slid his hands down to her rear, cupping
      possessively, she went him one better. Pulling out of the kiss and
      bracing her hands on his shoulders, she jumped upward, wrapping her legs
      around his waist and letting him help support her weight.

      Logan was delighted, though it took an expert Logan-reader to identify
      and interpret the signs — half-smirk on one corner of the mouth and
      wicked glint in the eyes. To the unobservant (or to the audience members
      too far away to catch the light in his eyes) he merely appeared
      sardonically amused. "I take it you missed me?" loudly enough for the
      audience of shocked mutants and a few passing ‘regulars’ alike.

      "Damn straight. Do you have to leave right *now*?"

      "Yeah, if Frosty calls the cops to make me leave it could get messy. I’m
      already wanted in enough states without adding Massachusetts to the
      list." (That last being for the benefit of the listeners — Marie already
      *knew* how little Logan cared for involvement with the police.)

      "One more kiss, then?" she cooed.

      ‘Not a problem." He made it a good one, too — hot and intense, hands
      roaming her buttocks in an extremely visible display of mingled lust and
      possessiveness. Marie for her part kissed back with fervor, clinging to
      his shoulder with one arm while mussing his hair with her free hand. (It
      might be her last chance to ruffle those "points" for a while, after
      all.)

      They pulled away with a shared sigh. Marie reluctantly let her legs drop
      to the ground. They clung to each other for a long moment, meeting each
      other’s eyes.

      "You take care of yourself, kid, till I catch up with you."

      "Okay . I’ll call you the first chance I get."

      "I’ll keep the phone on."

      There didn’t seem to be a lot left to say, really. Marie silently hooked
      her thumb under the chain around her neck, showing him that she wore his
      tag beneath her clothes.

      He half smiled. "You want to let everyone see that, go right ahead."

      [Let everyone know whose name you’ve got around your neck,] Inner Wolvie
      translated.

      Then Logan looked past her to the group of fascinated mutants clustered
      on the path within earshot. "Looks like Frost didn’t think I’d be a good
      teacher for you. Not smart. My advice to you is to start looking into
      martial arts training pretty damn fast — because right now you couldn’t
      handle a troop of determined Girl Scouts."

      With that he turned and was gone, disappearing into the early dusk of
      late autumn.

      Mysterious visitor having absented himself, the pack of mutants behind
      her pressed forward, wanting to know who the hell he was, why he had been
      there, what was that about teaching and oh, yeah — was that her
      *boyfriend*?

      That last was from Angelica, and Rogue laughed, realizing that the
      moratorium on talking about Logan (and, by extension, Xavier’s) had been
      lifted. She led the mob into the cafeteria, preparing for a good
      old-fashioned gossip session.

      Might as well enjoy the camaraderie while she had it — because of another
      of the thoughts she had picked up from Logan. Plan A was a bust — on to
      Plan B.

      [Time to call your parents.]

      * * *

      That's all for now, folks!

      FyrDrakken
      She Whose Quotations Are Both Exotic and Appropriate
      Keeper of his Deadly Startle Reflexes, Guardian and Examiner of the
      Adamantium-Revealing X-Rays, and Official Listener for the Occasional
      Aussie Vowels

      "Okay, this is going to hurt quite a bit, but, I suppose, that's the
      entire POINT. I'm aiming for obscene agony, so if it's just merely
      unbearable, DO say something."
      -- Johnny C, JOHNNY THE HOMICIDAL MANIAC #6, by Jhonen Vasquez
      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.