FIC: Red #1: Dying for Attention - 1/1, Rogue, Logan/Rogue

  • victoria p.
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2001
      Title: Dying for Attention
      Author: Victoria P. [victoria_p@...]
      Series: Red #1
      Rating: G
      Archive: Lists, Muse's Fool; if you've already got my stuff, sure. If
      not, please ask. I'll say yes.
      Feedback: Is better than a trip to the salon!
      Notes: Thanks to Dot, Meg, Jen, and Pete, without whom I'd have given up
      on writing long ago. This is an ABC fic. As if you couldn't figure that
      out. <g>

      ~*~

      Dying for Attention

      Red.

      She has a love-hate relationship with the color red. Titian painted
      portraits of red-haired ladies that still draw crowds at museums today,
      hundreds of years later. Unfortunately, she's not a redhead.

      Very soon, though, she will be.

      With some help from Feria, Rogue will become a brand-new woman. Xavier's
      School for Gifted Youngsters is in for a shock.

      You can't tell by looking at her, but Rogue is a woman on a mission.

      Zebra -- that's what she sees when she looks in the mirror. A girl with
      plain brown hair and two white stripes. Boring. Certainly not any
      competition for the gorgeous -- redheaded! -- Jean Grey.

      During Logan's time away, Rogue immersed herself in his thoughts and
      memories, learning everything she could about him. Even though he'd
      spent most of the time she'd known him lusting after Jean, Rogue knows
      he has deep feelings for *her*, not the redheaded doctor. Feelings that
      could easily grow from protective into passionate, if she plays her
      cards right. Given the right push, she thinks she can make Logan realize
      that what's between them is love, -- real, true love, not just a passing
      fancy or friendly companionship.

      Hence the color change. In reviewing Logan's past affairs, she noticed a
      trend: he liked redheads. Jean is a redhead; you can see why this is a
      problem, right?

      Keeping Logan away from Jean is proving more difficult than Rogue
      expected. Logan is a little dense -- he still treats her like a kid,
      even though she's grown up quite a bit, even in the year he's been back.

      Mostly, she wishes she could just throw herself into his arms and kiss
      him passionately, like a heroine in a romance novel. Not going to
      happen, though -- not with her toxic skin -- so the first step in her
      new plan is to become a redhead.

      Ororo, who has become a close friend in her two years at the mansion,
      helped her pick out the color -- "Cherrywood."

      Pulling the towel off, Rogue takes a look at her new, red hair, which
      shimmers with a deep, burnished glow in the dim light of the bathroom.

      Quite nice, she thinks, nodding her head and luxuriating in the color.

      ~End~

      victoria

      --

      "Nothing is forgotten or forgiven, when it's your last time around / I
      got thoughts running round my head that I just can't live down" -

      --

      The Muse's Fool - http://www.unfitforsociety.net/musesfool