Heyoka II, status and first chapter (+new picy in CLIMB THE WIND)

  • Minisinoo Girl
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2001
      I've released the first chapter for Heyoka II:
      CHILDREN OF THE MIDDLE WATERS.

      This is *in place* of the teaser that had been there.
      The teaser will be changing in the final, so I'm
      removing it.

      I've completed up through chapter 5, and am working on
      editing these, then I'll go on. Posting Chapter 1 is
      something to tide over those who've been waiting, as
      well as something to get me moving again on this
      story. Encouragement-feedback will be doted upon. ;>

      For those of you who haven't got a clue what I'm
      talking about....

      CHILDREN OF THE MIDDLE WATERS is the second novel in
      the Heyoka novel series. HEYOKA: THE ADVENT OF GRACE
      was the first. This second novel *will not make
      sense* unless you've read HEYOKA. For those of you
      who liked EJ in CLIMB THE WIND, he's a major character
      in CHILDREN.

      Links to both HEYOKA and the first chapter of CHILDREN
      can be found here:
      http://www.geocities.com/minisinoo/novels.html

      Summaries:

      HEYOKA: THE ADVENT OF GRACE
      A new arrival at Xavier's sets Scott Summer�s
      well-ordered life all a pother. And I don�t mean the
      return of Logan. The school gets a secretary, Rogue a
      big sister, Jean Grey what she wants for Christmas,
      and Cyclops gets a grace note in his days. With a
      little fry bread on the side. c. 60,000+ words

      CHILDREN OF THE MIDDLE WATERS
      Scott and Jean must come to terms with being �just
      friends� and a child on the way. Meanwhile Grace has
      returned to the west as Xavier�s voice to minority
      mutant children, Scott's ex-college roommate comes to
      visit and gives the kids a new view of 'Slim' - and
      Beast is back! Does Logan now have competition?

      -----
      I won't actually post chapter 1 to the group at this
      time. And I won't be posting further chapters of the
      novel until it's nearing completion. (I hate to leave
      people hanging, plus the beginnings of novels do
      sometimes need to *change* by the time you reach the
      end, but I'm fairly confident that Chpt 1 will stand
      as it is, or I wouldn't put it up.) Incidently, this
      whole story was started way back last *January*. <g>
      CLIMB THE WIND interrupted it.

      Oh, and I have added a new picture to CLIMB THE WIND,
      graciously made for me by Frail. It's in Chapter 2.
      Amazing what she did with "Scott."

      --Min

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/