Fic: Parallax: Bobby POV (and Jubes!): 5/7

  • victoria p.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12 6:47 PM
      Disclaimers etc. in Part 1

      ~~*~~

      {Jubilee}

      Omigod! If I'm stuck rooming with her, I'll have to remember not to piss
      her off.

      ~~*~~

      {Bobby}

      I was lying in bed, thinking that dinner went pretty well. I like the
      new girl, Rogue. I like her a lot. I think she might like me back. She
      agreed to sit with me at dinner, and let me show her around and all.

      I might not be as flashy as Johnny, with his fancy accent, but I'm
      pretty damn fun, if I do say so myself.

      So there I am, making plans to ask Rogue to sit with me at lunch
      tomorrow, maybe outside, away from everybody else, when I hear this
      roar, and then someone yells, "Somebody help me!"

      We all jump up and rush down the hall. Mr. Summers and Dr. Grey were
      there already.

      It's Rogue -- she's in that guy's room -- the one they brought back with
      her. Shit. No way I can compete with this guy -- look at him!

      And what is she doing to him? What did he do to her? It's like she's got
      the three stab marks on her back, and they're just closing up like
      they'd never been there. It looked like one of those nature specials
      where they speed up the time-lapse photography. And the veins on both of
      them are popping out, like they've done too much speed or are strung out
      on crack.

      She pulls her hand away and he falls to the floor.

      "It was an accident," she says, and then she runs away. Hell, I'd run,
      too. There's no knowing how Mr. Summers will react to her being in the
      strange guy's room this late at night.

      I watch after her as she goes, and I wonder if I should follow -- tell
      her that it's okay, we've all screwed up with our powers. I could tell
      her about the time I accidentally froze the escalator at the mall, or
      when I froze my chem. final and Hank had to let me take it over, since
      the test was destroyed, even after it dried out.

      Looks like the strange guy is going to be okay -- Dr. Grey's a good
      doctor.

      Ms. Munroe is sending us all back to our rooms. I know I'm probably not
      going to sleep the rest of the night. Everybody's talking about what
      happened, and how freaky Rogue is. I just want to go see if she's all
      right.

      ~~*~~

      victoria

      --

      "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's
      depressing." Tara, _Buffy the Vampire Slayer_

      --

      The Muse's Fool - http://www.unfitforsociety.net/musesfool
      Unfit for Society - http://www.unfitforsociety.net