Re: [xmenmoviefanfic] Just out of curiosity...editorial?

  • ... Wocket
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2001
      I definatly agree on this! It's quite hard finding a Logan story where
      he's not in love with Rogue!

      Original message from: sabra_tooth@...

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2001
          > I definatly agree on this! It's quite hard finding a
          > Logan story where
          > he's not in love with Rogue!

          I agree, although not necessarily because I think
          Logan is in love with Jean. He hardly even *knows*
          Jean. But Wolverine, in comics-canon, has a long
          tradition of NOT falling in love with jailbait,
          especially not emotionally-scarred jailbait.

          Is there a discussion group for this list? A message
          board or something? If so, I apologize for the OT
          post.

          Dyce

        • kittenrescue
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2001
            I think that most fans thought that line was really lame and so they tend to ignore it. I was on a Logan/Marie list and wrote a fic that started off Marie/Scott and got toasted really bad for it. The flamers didn't even give it a chance to go beyond the first chapter.

            As far as the movie and it's sequel, if Bryan Singer doesn't exploit the obvious chemistry between Hugh Jackman and Anna Paquin, then he doesn't deserve to helm the second movie.
            Here's a link to a review of X-Men that discusses that:
            http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/articles/2000/24_Jul---X_Men_Insert_Pun_Here.asp

            Highlights of the review include:

            Any one scene between Jackman and Paquin has more electricity than anything in The Patriot and The Perfect Storm combined.Their scenes together have a wonderfully complex feel to them; a barely- harnessed sexual attraction combined with each of their heavily-loaded emotional baggage. But the subplot involving the attraction of Wolverine to Jean Grey (Famke Janssen) is written in a slapdash, third-grade manner, and suffers under the almost-overwhelming chemistry of Jackman and Paquin.

          • ... Wocket
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 2, 2001
              >> I definatly agree on this! It's quite hard finding a
              >> Logan story where
              >> he's not in love with Rogue!

              >I agree, although not necessarily because I think
              >Logan is in love with Jean. He hardly even *knows*
              >Jean.

              I agree. If anything he keeps doing the Jean thing to annoy Cyclops.
              He dosn't really seem the type f guy who'd really try and "steal" a
              girl. There's plenty out there, why try for one thats taken?

              >But Wolverine, in comics-canon, has a long
              >tradition of NOT falling in love with jailbait,
              >especially not emotionally-scarred jailbait.

              Yes! That is my basis for not really seeing the sexual chmestry.
              Besides, he's more a protector for her. He's just that sort of
              charater.

              Sorry. it's not fic....and this will be my last post on the subject.

              -Wocket

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 2, 2001
                Well the whole point of fan-fiction is for us, the fans, to write it how we
                wanted to see it or how we want things to turn out! I am not bashing your
                view, I mean variety is the spice of life, and there are some really good
                stories out there that do not involve Logan and Marie. My point is that
                fan-fiction allows us to read or write story lines that will most likely
                never come to fruition! Oh well, sorry if i offended anyone!
                Alexx

              • matchstickdude@cs.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 2, 2001
                  sabra_tooth@... writes:

                  > Are there ANY non-logan/Rogue "Love" stories out there? Everyone
                  > keeps forgetting,that he said "well,tell her my heart BELONGS TO
                  > ANOTHER." As in,Jean!!! Hello?! Logan no loves Rogue;like
                  > that...but,as a kid sister.....That's my main rant for now...I would
                  > just like to see some movie fic out there,that stays true to the basic
                  > story,and ways they think...

                  I'm sick of Logan/Rogue fics too. I don't even think they make a good
                  pairin'. Yeah, they're way better as a sibling kinda thing I think... but the
                  whole part "Tell her my heart belongs to someone else" doesn't have to mean
                  Jean. At first, I thought it was about the Professor, lol. But if they're
                  gonna start goin' in the canon direction, then maybe it is Jean. Or if
                  they're gonna do it similar to the original comic, then Lady Death Strick
                  maybe. But, hell, we can't forget that this is an entirely different universe
                  where Logan doens't even look like any of the others, and Storm is more weak
                  and doesn't even sound like the's from Africa (I don't know what country in
                  particular, sorry). So, I guess, Logan might really be gay in this universe.
                  Ya never know...

                  ~Natas

                  Sorry for the OT, but hey, I'm just followin' the pack, lol (don't judge me!)

                • Jengrrrl
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 2, 2001
                    Uh, guys, don't mean to spoil the fun, but I'm pretty damn sure this list is
                    not for discussion. That list exists elsewhere. Thanks.

                    Jengrrrl