Re: [FIC] That Remarkable Mettle... (1/1)

  • Anya Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 21, 2000
      Wow, that was better then the novelization! ~_~
    • KevinFawkes@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 18, 2001
        I'm working my way thru the archive on the stories. Here's some of my
        thoughts on what I've read so far.

        Almost a Lady by Misty: Alarmingly wonderful. Such tenderness. Made me
        think of an old jazz/blues song I once heard. Full of muted trumpet and
        drowsy trombone. Southern belle type stuff, I guess. What a wonderful
        coming home/birthday story.

        Maybe Someday by CD: I would love to know if you're working on this. Like I
        said, I've not made it far through the archive yet (up to message 95.) and I
        know I would love to read more of this. It's a good intro that I found here.
        Excellent angsty especially about the Moon.

        Reflections by Elizabeth: Oh my. OMG. It read like poetry and was like a
        little cold sliver of ice in my throat. So sad. To get into Logan's head so
        neatly and not be able to find my way back out. But...it's not too bad
        because I have to thank you for writing that. It's so awe-inspiring. Wow.
        I got teary at the end. Got any more???

        That Remarkable Mettle by Indigo: Good work. Easy to fill in the blanks
        with the mental work that *had* to have been going on in the movie. You did
        a good job with the expressions and the characterization.

        Touch Me Fall by Elizabeth Wilde: Don't I know your name from somewhere?
        Oh, yeh. My sister (who's a heck of a professional-in-life writer) has some
        of your writings printed out from another fandom. Good stuff, if I recall.
        Just like this. I really liked the knowledge of Rogue waking in the
        infirmary and knowing that what she was feeling for Jean was really
        Logan...and understanding it.

        Fatal Caress by Melissa: And my heart broke. It shattered and melted and
        puddled in my keyboard keys. Hot... And have you written any more of
        anything? Gosh. I mean, I feel like I've just been pulled through a wringer
        washing machine. This was amazing, just like the other stuff I've read here.