FIC: The Mutant Bride - 1/? - PG [Scott/Rogue, Logan, Hank, Magneto, Mystique]

  • victoria p.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2001
      Disclaimers etc. in part 0.

      // // indicates reality intruding on Rogue's dream

      ***

      1.

      Rogue was raised on a small farm in the country of West Chester. Her
      favorite pastimes were riding her horse and tormenting the farm boy who
      worked there. He was a mutant, as were most of the people in West
      Chester. He could shoot percussive beams from his eyes. His name was
      Scott. But she never called him that. Nothing gave Rogue as much
      pleasure as ordering Scott around.

      "Farm boy," Rogue said imperiously, "varnish my horse's saddle. I want
      to see my face shining in it by morning."

      With a bow of his head, Scott replied, "As you wish."

      'As you wish' was all he ever said to her.

      Rogue held out two empty pails. "Farm boy," she commanded, "fill these
      with water," a beat, "please?"

      Scott said, as always, "As you wish."

      That day, Rogue was amazed to discover that when he was saying 'as you
      wish,' what he meant was, 'I love you.' And even more amazing was the
      day she realized she truly loved him back.

      "Farm boy, fetch me that pitcher."

      Scott brought her the pitcher and whispered, "As you wish."

      // Thomas's voice, filtered through the haze of Rogue's sleep, could be
      heard, demanding answers. "Hold it! Hold it! What is this? Are you
      trying to trick me? Where's the sports? Is this a kissing movie?"

      "Wait. Just wait." That was Jubilee, never one to suffer people dissing
      her favorite movie.

      "Well when does it get good?"

      "Keep your shirt on, kid, and watch the movie." //

      Scott had no money for marriage so he packed his few belongings and left
      the farm to seek his fortune across the sea. It was a very emotional
      time for Rogue.

      // "I don't believe this!" The boys were getting restless. //

      Rogue cried. "I'm afraid I'll never see you again," she said, clutching
      Scott's hands.

      He tried to reassure her. "Of course you will."

      "But what if something happens to you?"

      "Hear this now," he told her firmly, "I will always come for you."

      "But how can you be sure?" she asked.

      He grinned, and it was so infectious she smiled through her tears. "This
      is true love. You think this happens every day?"

      And Scott pulled her into his arms and pressed his lips to hers, kissing
      her the way he'd always dreamt of doing.

      Unfortunately, it was at this moment that Rogue's mutation chose to
      manifest. Her skin was lethal -- she began sucking the energy out of her
      beloved's body. She pulled away in horror as he fell to the ground,
      unconscious. Her eyes glowed red with his power and she closed them
      tightly, afraid of causing more damage.

      "Oh, Scott!" she shrieked, and everyone in the house rushed out to see
      what had happened.

      She closed herself up in her room and refused to see anyone. Scott
      finally woke from his coma a week later, and refused to agree that their
      love was impossible.

      "True love overcomes all obstacles," he reminded her, stroking her face
      with a gloved hand before going off to catch the ship to the promised
      land.

      Regrettably, Scott didn't reach his destination. His ship was attacked
      by the Dread Pirate Sinister, who never left captives alive. When Rogue
      got the news that Scott was murdered --

      // "Murdered by pirates is good!" //

      She went into her room and shut the door, and for days she neither slept
      nor ate.

      She looked into her mirror and promised herself, and Scott's memory, "I
      will never love again."

      And she never did.

      ***

      Let me know how I'm doing, all right?

      victoria

      --

      "The begging, that comes later." Angel, _Angel_

      --

      The Muse's Fool - http://www.unfitforsociety.net/musesfool
      Unfit for Society - http://www.unfitforsociety.net