ADMIN: again, this is NOT a chat list

  • Shaz Nolan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2001
      Alright guys, you have been told this before. XMMFF is NOT a chat list. It
      is a fanfic list. Period.

      We have about 600 members here and most of them have signed up for the
      fanfiction, not for a discussion or the mention of a new site, list, rumour.
      If you want to discuss a fanfic, an article, a character or even actor,
      there is the xmenmoviefanficdisc list at Yahoogroups. Just go and subscribe
      and move the conversational posts there. The link has been posted multiple
      times and is not that hard to find in the first place, so please join that
      (sub) list if you wish to talk. If you're so hot on posting something to the
      list that involves a link to your stories or your site,etc, put it in your
      sig file when you post a story.... otherwise, take it elsewhere.

      This is the last and final warning to this policy, and I will start
      moderating the posts of those that choose to ignore it until they comply.
      It's a hard tactic, but you've been told before, and now have to be told
      again. Your listmoderators and archivists do not have the time to sift
      through the non-fic posts, and it's frankly a disservice to those that have
      no interest in the post content.

      Any problems with this policy may be addressed to your list moderators
      offlist: myself, Bree or Donna at xmmff-admin@yahoogroups.com.

      Thank you,
      Shaz
      XMMFF listmod