Somewhat Damaged 20/?

  • Swampfoetus@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2001
      She sat infront of him shoveling homefries into her mouth. Her face cleansed
      and a fresh coat of liner applied to her eyes and her lips glossy with
      pigmint. A black lycra tank top was under a long sleeved green gauze shirt, a
      pair of jeans with overly wide legs was her choice of out fit today, short
      little leather gloves sat on the table beside her plate. Logan examined her
      as he ate his own meal of cornbeef hash.

      "How was that concert last night?" He asked, Rogue looked up at the question
      still chewing. Apperently she was hungry, he thought as she scooped another
      bite before answering.

      "It was Deftones." She said flatly.

      He raised an unscrupulous brow. "And?"

      "It was great." He nodded and left it at that. "So where is he?"

      "Who?"

      "You're son. Ah remember that from when you made me absorb you" She dusted
      some pepper onto the potatos and eggs.

      "Japan."

      She nodded, though a frown marred her pale features. "Doncha think he might
      like to know his papa?"

      Logan's frown deepened. "He's older than you, he don't need me interfering."

      "How do you know that? Do you even know him? What would you know about what
      he'd want? Do you even know what his favorite colour is?"

      "What's yours?" he asked, noting the way she sat. Sholders back, head
      straight.

      "Pardon?"

      "Your favorite colour." He repeated.

      "Ah like purple." another bite of food, sip of soda.

      "Those Deaf people your favortie band?"

      "Deftones" she corrected. Bite of eggs then a puff and flick of her
      cigarette. "And no, Ah like Nine Inch Nails betta, but Tori Amos is my
      favorite pianist."

      "She any good?"

      "Ah wouldn't like her if she wasn't. You never answered my question though"

      ''It ain't your business" Rogue flinched slightly at that.

      "Ah just never knew mah daddy, and Ah think Ah mighta liked to of, don't you
      think he might of liked to know you?"

      "I saw him last year." Rogue looked up. "He didn't much wanna see me, so I
      left it at that." Rogue nodded regretting bringing up the subject. "You can
      honestly say that you'd want to see the dumb bastard that got your mother
      pregnant?" She looked up at him again, her face twisted up sadly. "Jesus, kid
      I didn't mean it like that kid. I just meant that he abandoned you and your
      mother in the swamp and didn't do anything afterwards. A real pump and dump."

      "Yes, Ah would actually, Ah'd wanna know why the hell he didn't do anything
      if he knew how and who mah momma was and why he didn't at least put me up for
      adoption if he didn't want me."

      "Liar." He grinned at her, "You'd wanna punch him. Hard too."

      She laughed then, a crystallian sound but still husky from a smoking habit
      begun at an early age. "After Ah got mah answer, yeah" She laughed again and
      ordered a slice of cheesecake.

      "So who's your favorite band?"