Fic: " A Day Wrapped In Magic" (1/1) PG-13 [Scott, fairies]

  • neh@post10.tele.dk
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30 3:16 AM
      Hi all,
      This story follows in my "Magic" series. This story is for Julia who
      asked for it as well as Maria, as always. Enjoy.
      Warning: The first part deals with violence and child abuse.
      Feedback: Please...
      neh@...

      This story is dedicated to the memory of Alice. I still can´t believe
      you are gone.

      A Day Wrapped In Magic By Nadja Lee 11/01/01
      Disclaimer: "X-men" and all the characters in it belong to Marvel ,
      20 Century Fox and I intend no infringement, this is a piece of
      amateur fan fiction, and I make no money of it.
      Only the original idea contained within this work is the property of
      the author. Please do not copy this story to any website or archive
      without permission of the author.
      Author's note: Isabella and all the fairies as well as their world,
      belong to me.
      Archiving: What, ASK, Take, Have
      Feedback: Yes, please. My e-mail address is neh@...
      Timeline: Set before the movie. In Scott's past
      Pairing: None really
      Story: Scott's first meeting with Isabella and her heart filled
      magic .
      Rating: PG
      Thanks to Cristina for the Beta.
      Note: " A Battle Of Magic" and "One Magical Night" follows this story.
      Dedicated to: Julia because she asked for this. Without you this
      story wouldn't have been.
      *mm* is spoken telepathically in the mind. "mm" is spoken out loud.
      Part 1:
      " Where have you been?" a harsh voice demanded from the livingroom.
      " Out," the boy replied softly and tried to hurry past him to his
      room on the other side of the livingroom.
      " Not so fast, freak. Aren't we forgetting something?" Jack asked
      darkly as he had come and now blocked Scott's way to his room. The
      boy looked at him with fear filled eyes. Forgotten something? He
      didn't think so. He had done the shopping, cleared the house and gone
      out of his way so not to annoy Jack.
      "N…nnnno," Scott succeed in uttering through his trembling lips. He
      cursed himself for his cowardliness which made his words sound faint
      and unsure. He had done nothing wrong.
      " My beers, boy. Where are they?" Jack demanded to know and twisted
      Scott's arm onto his back. Tears formed in Scott's eyes.
      " You didn't tell me to get any. I swear," Scott protested, trying to
      keep the tears from showing in his voice but not succeeding.
      " What? Are you crying, you little wimp? I`ll give you something to
      cry about, you little mutant freak, if not you do as I say," Jack
      roared and shook Scott rudely back and forth so his teeth rattled in
      his mouth.
      " I….I swear. You never told me," Scott tried again. In this part of
      town no one really cared how old you were supposed to be to buy
      alcohol just as long as you paid.
      " Are you calling me a liar, boy?" Jack asked dangerously and his
      face was inches from Scott's so he could smell the liqueur on his
      breath.
      " N…noooo," Scott said weakly and tried to twist out of Jack's grip
      but he held on to him.
      " This will teach you not to lie to me again," Jack said angrily and
      hit Scott hard in the face and the boy's head flew to the side. Had
      Jack not hold on to him, the power of the blow would have made the
      slim boy fall to the ground.
      " No, don't," Scott whispered as Jack lifted his hand to strike
      again. Blood ran from the boy's mouth and broken lip. His eyes
      beneath the glasses were big and terrified. His voice was a hoarse
      whisper. He lifted his free right hand, since Jack held on to the
      other, in front of his face in a old age gesture of self protection.
      " I shall teach you how to show respect," Jack growled and hit Scott
      again, this time letting the boy fall to the ground by the power of
      his stroke. His hand had not only touched the boy's cheek but had
      also made his glasses fly off. As Jack with a leer advanced at the
      boy, Scott turned his head towards the source of his footsteps. Tears
      ran down his already red and swollen cheek, as the boy searched with
      his hands on the floor to try and find his glasses again. Panic was
      in him as he heard Jack come closer. Think, think, he thought
      desperately. He remembered Jack's stroke and his mutant brain
      calculated the most likely place for the glasses to have landed.
      Crawling on his hands and knees he quickly moved towards that place
      as he recalled in what direction he had been facing when his glasses
      had come off and he had closed his eyes tight shut.
      " Lost something, freak?" Jack asked almost pleasantly as he suddenly
      stood before Scott. He hadn't seen him until his hands had felt on
      his boots and he drew back as if burned.
      " Father, I….," Scott began frightened and drew back from him. Only
      after the words had escaped his lips did he realise his mistake.
      Jack rudely took hold of his hair and forced his head up and stare
      with his tightly closed eyes at him.
      " Don't EVER call me that, boy. You're nobody's son and least of all
      mine. No one wants you. You're worthless. I only keep you here for
      the monthly cheek," Jack yelled furiously, tearing so hard in Scott's
      brown hair that he tore pieces out.
      " Sorry, I'm so sorry," Scott mumbled tear-filled but anything else
      he wanted to say was cut off as Jack hit him hard in the face,
      sending him to the floor. Jack hovered over him as Scott tried to
      crawl away, the blood from his broken lip dripping onto the carpet.
      " Ding, Dong," the doorbell ran and Scott could have cheered if not
      his entire face hurt like a elephant had stepped on it.
      " WHAT?" Jack yelled furiously and went to the door.
      " Diamond, it's Joe. Little Ricky wants to see you about that
      shipment," a voice on the other side of the door said. Jack cursed
      while Scott had finally succeeded in reaching the sofa and dragged
      himself up from the floor by its support. Little Ricky was the local
      crime lord so to speak here in Queens, New York where Scott lived in
      a poor apartment with Jack. He wouldn't see Jack for the rest of the
      day, that was sure. No one refused Little Ricky and lived.
      " I´ll be right back. Have that stain removed from the carpet before
      then," Jack warned as he went past Scott with what was probably his
      jacket and Scott heard the door open and close and then the sound of
      a key being turned in the lock. He was locked in. Now, that he was
      finally gone, Scott allowed himself a deep sigh of relief but also
      let the tears with he had fought against fall free. Moving slowly,
      almost as in trace he reached the back wall and after some searching,
      found his glasses. Securely in place he finally dared to open his
      eyes. What a relief to see the world again, even if only in red. He
      had lived as a blind for three years and to this day, going blind was
      still his worst nightmare. He went to the kitchen and found a cloth
      and began trying to remove the stain of blood he had put on the
      carpet. He rubbed and rubbed but it didn't fade. Beginning to panic,
      tears falling from his eyes which he angrily wiped away, he tried
      again and again. It still didn't fade. He ran to the kitchen and
      tried to see if there was any stain remover in the house but there of
      cause wasn't. If Jack didn't drink all their money up, Scott would
      buy food for the rest. New clothes was as unlikely as flying to the
      moon. Once he had tried to hide some money from Jack, trying to
      gather enough so if he tried to run away again, he wouldn't be
      brought back so fast. When Jack had found out he had given him the
      worst beating of his life, making sure Scott would never try
      something like that ever again. That memory really didn't help on his
      mood. He rubbed at the stain again more viciously but it still didn't
      disappear. For a long while he rubbed and rubbed, getting more and
      more desperate until finally he gave up and lay his head in his
      hands, crying.
      Part 2:
      * My dear child, do not weep* A gentle voice echoed in his mind.
      Scott lifted his head with a start and eyed the room nervously.
      " Is….is anyone here?" He asked softly, so softly that if someone was
      in the apartment they wouldn't have heard it.
      * It's me. Isabella* the voice said again in his mind and he relaxed.
      * Isabella. I have missed you. You always come to me. Protect me.
      Please, help me now* Scott thought desperately in his mind and for
      once he actually doubted his own sanity. Isabella was his own
      imagined friend who he talked to when times were tough. In the
      beginning he had spoken out loud with her but had been punished for
      it and so had stopped. Therefor he had realised that Isabella could
      not stand the loudness of the human voice, not even a whispered tone,
      so he had to think to her instead. He had never seen her but
      sometimes he imaged her voice in his mind. It was soft and gentle as
      he imaged a mother's voice would be. However, her voice had never
      seemed so clear as it did today.
      * Don't be frightened, True Heart. I will not hurt you* the voice
      sounded again and Scott found immerse comfort in the love in the
      voice.
      * I know* he admitted and sat up. As he did so he spotted the stain
      on the carpet and tears came to his eyes as fear and despair washed
      over him.
      * Please, Young One, don't feel sad. For you I`ll do something I
      really isn't allowed to. I will let you see me* the soft voice echoed
      in his mind and before Scott a soft light appeared. It was so pure in
      its intensity that he had to shield his eyes from it even though they
      were already shaded. The light slowly faded and formed into a small
      thumb sized woman with silver wings and long golden hair made from
      the rays of the sun.
      * I….I can see you* Scott thought in surprise, bewilderment and
      happiness. He really didn't care if he was also imagining this. He
      finally had a friend.
      * Oh, Dear Child, please. No more tears* She sent softly and flew
      towards him. She touched his cheek with her small hands and as she
      did so Scott's bruises and broken lip healed in an instant. She held
      up her hands and caught a teardrop as it fell from his right eye. She
      flew a little away from him and before his eyes he saw the teardrop
      in her hands being surrounded by a bright light before turning into a
      shinning pearl.
      * Wow* Scott thought. Magic. He had always loved magic and had always
      wanted to go to a carnival but at the orphanage they didn't do stuff
      like that and Jack certainly didn't. Isabella put the pearl in her
      left hand and with her right hand she made a motion above it and it
      disappeared in a flash of light.
      * Hey, where did it go?* Scott asked as it was gone.
      * To someone who needed it more than I. Fairies have no use for
      materiel values. It is the values of the heart which matters*
      Isabella said and flew towards him and lay her ear against his chest
      to listen to his heartbeat. With a sudden motion she flew back with a
      shocked look on her face.
      * What?* Scott asked worried. Tears of pure silver ran down her
      cheeks as she left fairy dust where ever she went.
      * Your heart…..It is bleeding* Isabella whispered sadly as she flew
      in front of his face. * I sense…I feel the tears in your heart*
      * I….I'm sorry if it hurts you* Scott said and meant it. It seemed
      that he couldn't do anything right. He always ended up hurting the
      ones who cared.
      * That is not true, Dear Child. It is not your fault. You can't
      become happy over day* a idea hit her and she flew excited up and
      down in front of him. * But I can do it. Do you trust me?* she asked
      seriously and flew right in front of him to made eye contact with him.
      * I do* he answered without hesitation. Isabella had been with him
      since his parents died and he had been left alone. He may first have
      met her in person now but in his heart he had known her for years.
      * Then raise your right hand to mine* Isabella asked and stretched
      out her right hand, palm up. He lifted his hand and slowly so not to
      hurt her small, fragile body with his much bigger weight, touched his
      right hand to her much smaller one. He could barely feel her soft
      touch in the middle of his palm. As their hands met a light
      surrounded them and Isabella said;
      * For one day, you'll fly with me, free above the clouds. For one
      day, you'll feel no fear or pain. For this one day I´ll wrap the
      world in magic and let all your wishes come true*
      Part 3:
      One minute they had been sitting on the floor in Jack's old apartment
      and the next they were flying above the clouds.
      * I….fly* Scott sent in wonderment as he looked down at how small the
      world looked from up here. As he looked around himself he saw his
      entire body surrounded by golden dust. He looked puzzled at Isabella.
      * Fairy dust* she explained as they broke through the clouds and
      landed on a big green field. When Scott landed he held out his palm
      to her and she gracefully landed in his warm hand. Scott looked at
      the blue sky, the mountains, the ocean and all the animals and birds
      which had appeared. It all held a otherworldly beauty beyond
      imagination.
      * Actually, this IS imagination* Isabella sent softly as the
      landscape added picnic tables to the green grass.
      * So, this doesn't exist?* Scott sent sadly. It had been too good to
      be true.
      * Yes and no. If you believe it exists it does…if not then it
      doesn't* Isabella said and indicated the landscape. As Scott followed
      her small finger with his eyes he saw three small figures forming.
      One became a tall older man, one became a boy of barely one which the
      man held in his arms. And finally…the light brightened to form a
      female figure. A vaguely familiar figure. All figures were made of
      light and their features blurry but still he had held this thought…
      this hope in his heart for so long that he knew who whey were.
      * I….Am I in Heaven?* Scott whispered as he slowly drew nearer to the
      woman.
      * Not yet. You are in Fantasy World so to speak but like in Heaven;
      only through faith can you come in* Isabella explained and felt his
      happiness at this moment as her own as she flew to land on his
      shoulder.
      * Who…made this world?* Scott asked. He wasn't yet ready to accept
      this. He wanted to be sure. He didn't want to…..couldn't take another
      disappointment.
      * Mostly you as this is your world but all humans, young or old,
      black or white, it don't matter as long as their souls are pure and
      fine and as innocent as a child's* she explained and flew down from
      his shoulder to take his left hand and holding on to it as she
      dragged, well, tried to anyway, him towards the woman. He walked as
      in trace to her. He stopped before her shinning form, tears forming
      in his eyes. He reached up a shaking hand as to touch her cheek.
      * Mom?* he thought to her and was so caught up in the moment of
      happiness that he never saw Isabella´s smile of approval. Even now he
      thought of her. Remembered that loud speech would hurt her. This may
      be the one. The one they had been waiting for. The Warrior Of The
      Light. Her warrior.
      * Yes, son. It's me* she said and spread out her arms in open
      invitation. Without further ado Scott went into her embrace and
      hugged her so close as if he was afraid that if he let her go, she'll
      disappear again. Tears ran down his cheeks as he kept mumbling by her
      shoulder;
      * I'm so sorry, mom. Please forgive me. Please forgive me*
      The woman drew gently back so he could look into her eyes.
      * Scott, there isn't anything to forgive. It wasn't your fault we
      were killed. You were just a boy* her voice…so gentle, so sweet. Just
      like he had imaged it. Full and rich, filled with love.
      * I should have done something. I was scared. I…..still am* Scott
      confessed. The woman smiled at him and softly wiped away his tears.
      * It's alright to be afraid. You are just a child. Courage needs time
      and space to grow in. In time you'll be the most fearless of all* she
      sent confidently and Scott smiled through tears at her. Then to his
      horror, he saw that her image was dissolving.
      * Mom, noooo! Come back, I love you* Scott sent desperately and clung
      to her right hand.
      * I love you too, son. Remember it. Always* she sent before
      disappearing in a suddenly appearing mist. Scott looked with tears in
      his eyes at Isabella.
      * Bring her back to me. Please* he begged and a silver tear fell from
      Isabella´s eyes.
      * I'm sorry but I can't. As I said, you create these images. You
      can't remember much about your parents and therefore they can't stay
      long* Isabella explained sadly.
      * Son, it's alright,* the man said and lay his hand on Scott's
      shoulder.
      * Oh, father. I love you so much,* Scott whispered and hugged him
      close, careful not to hurt the baby.
      * And I love you, son. I'm very proud of you,* he sent lovenly and
      Scott looked puzzled at him.
      * Why? I'm a coward,* Scott sent and bent his head in shame. And to
      top it all he was a mutant.
      * Son, you survived. You still do. That is something to be proud of.
      Even your powers which you curse now will one day serve you well and
      bring you credit,* the man's voice was fading in and out and his body
      was beginning to disappear. Scott bent over the small baby boy in his
      father's arms.
      * I`ll love you always, Alex. My brother, I'm so sad that I never got
      to know you,* Scott sent and kissed the top of the baby's head and
      the baby smiled at him and caught hold of a finger of his right hand
      and shook it up and down. Scott couldn't help but smile at that.
      Whatever he knew it or not, it was Alex's action which made Scott
      face his father and his brother's departure with a smile through
      tears. For a long while, he didn't speak. Then finally he turn to
      Isabella and sent;
      * I….can never repay you.*
      * There is no debt to be paid, True Heart* Isabella sent with a smile
      and sensing his happiness yet distress she flew down and landed in
      his open palm and hugged his thumb.
      * So, what next?* Scott asked as her touch of light took away his
      sadness and only let him think happy thoughts just as she had
      promised. She smiled at him.
      * What ever you like. Maybe some lunch?* she had hardly spoken before
      trees of spaghetti came up from the ground. A small lake of soda
      appeared, a fountain of chocolate shot from the ground and bushes of
      candy grew up in seconds.
      * Wow, this is…fantastic,* Scott said and ran from place to place to
      taste it all. Isabella looked after him with a song in her heart.
      * No, it is Fantasy. It is to believe.*
      Part 4:
      * Are you ready to go?* Isabella asked as Scott took yet another
      swing on the carousel which had appeared out of nowhere. After lunch,
      a magician had appeared and performed for him to Scott's great joy.
      After that it had been a circus and last a carnival.
      * Can't we stay just a little longer?* Scott begged as he rode on the
      white house around the wheel. How appreciate, a white knight leading
      his troops to battle against darkness, Isabella thought as she saw
      him. Yes, this was the one. The Chosen. The Warrior of the Light.
      * I'm sorry but we have to leave. The magic is tearing at me,*
      Isabella said and as she said it Scott did notice that she seemed to
      glow fainter than before. He quickly jumped off the carousel and as
      soon as his feet touched the ground, it disappeared.
      * You alright?* Scott asked concerned.
      * I'm fine, just tired. This kind of journey we can only perform
      once. Let me guide you home and I promise you'll find all in order.
      The stain will be gone. You can rest easy tonight* Isabella promised
      and reached up her right hand. He did the same and slowly let his
      much bigger hand touch hers in a feather light touch. Again a glimmer
      of light appeared and suddenly Scott was back, laying on the floor in
      the apartment. After his trip it looked even smaller than it used to.
      He wished he could visit that land again where he had been, that he
      could see his family again but Isabella had said that she could only
      perform it once. Better once than never. After all now he had the
      memories in his heart and them no one could take away. He sat up and
      looked at the time. It said 22:30. Only one hour had passed since
      Jack had left. His face fell. Then he couldn't have been to that
      land. Isabella had never really spoken to him. It had all been a
      dream. And her promise…that too had been….he stopped the thought as
      he looked at the carpet. The stain! It really was gone. Remarkable.
      So, she had really been here and he...he had really seen them again.
      His parents. His mother. It had all happened.
      * Of cause, True Heart. From now on you'll never be alone. I`ll
      always be here for me* Isabella´s voice ran filled with love in his
      mind but he couldn't see her. He smiled at her voice.
      * You promise?*
      * I promise,* Isabella said and appeared before him.
      * Isabella!* he sent happily and reached out his hand and she landed
      in it. When he went to bed that night, he lay Isabella on his only
      pillow and lay his hand protectively around her as a shield. For the
      first time in years, Scott didn't fear the darkness behind his closed
      eyelids. Now, he knew he wasn't alone.
      * Goodnight, Isabella. I love you,* he sent sleepily. She smiled at
      him and lay her silver wings as a blanket around her body.
      * Goodnight, Warrior Of The Light. Goodnight, my Beloved Warrior* she
      sent and began to drift off to a peaceful sleep.

      The End