Fic: Interview #1 [1/1] L/R-ish

  • victoria p.
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2001
      Title: Interview #1
      Author: Victoria P. [victoria_p@...]
      Rating: PG-13 for language
      Archive: If you've already got my stuff, yes. If not, please just let me
      know you're taking it.
      Feedback: Always welcome and more appreciated than you know. Especially in
      this case.
      Notes: Thanks to Dot, Meg, Jen, and Pete. This started out as an ABC fic,
      but I couldn't manage to tell a whole story in 26 sentences. So it's just
      the beginning of a longer story, in which I will not be following the ABC
      pattern, unless the mood takes me. I normally never post until I've got
      something mostly done, but hey, maybe if you have ideas, you can share and I
      can figure out where this is going. Though I know how it's going to end.
      It's the journey I'm a little shaky on.

      Interview #1

      Marie stared at the woman sitting across the booth from her. Nona, she said
      her name was. One of Logan's old flames.

      "Please," Marie said, "I need to find him." Quietly, she laid the drawing of
      Logan down on the table.

      Reaching for it, Nona said, "Hon, if he doesn't want to be found, there
      ain't no way you're gonna find him."

      The bartender came over then, looking annoyed. "Uncle Pete's looking for
      you, Nona. Very rude to keep an old and valued customer waiting while you
      chat with this... person."

      "Wait here," Nona said to Rogue as the bartender walked away, "and I'll be
      back when I'm done with Uncle Pete."

      <Xavier's not going to like this,> the girl thought as she waited. <You
      promised to stay in touch, Logan, so why the hell haven't you?>

      Zeroing in on another woman, this one a dancer, Rogue said, "Excuse me. Are
      you Luana?"

      "Baby, I'm whoever you want me to be," the dancer replied. "Call me whatever
      you like."

      "Don't play games with me," Rogue said softly. "Everyone in here knows what
      I can do, so don't fuck around."

      "Fuck around, baby? Guess you really do know Logan. He's got the same bad
      manners as you."

      "I just need to know where he went."

      "'Just,' she says," Luana replied as Nona returned to the table, "as though
      we ever know what that bastard is up to."

      Keeping her hands flat on the table, Rogue rose and leaned toward the two

      "Logan's not gonna be happy you didn't help me," she said, and then walked
      out, sighing because she was no further along than she had been when she
      went into the place.

      “That’s one more kid who’ll never get to go to school / Never get to fall in
      love / Never get to be cool” – “Rockin’ in the Free World” – Neil Young

      The Muse's Fool - http://victoria_jp.tripod.com/home.htm