FF You Won't be Mine (2/3) PG [Scott/Jean, Logan]

  • Elizabeth Wilde
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2000
      Author: Elizabeth Wilde
      Title: You Won't be Mine (2/3)
      who asks, my site
      http://www.geocities.com/aloysiusj/xfic.html
      Disclaimer: I don't own X-Men. I also don't own the
      song "You Won't be Mine" by Matchbox Twenty. Lucky
      people who do!
      'Ship: Scott/Jean
      Rating: PG (for language)
      Spoilers: The movie (duh)
      Feedback: You'd better! wilde_moon@...
      Notes: If you want to see the kewl graphic I made
      with it (this one's my best yet!), check out
      http://www.geocities.com/aloysiusj/youwontbemine.html

      Part 2: Scott

      Scott lay in bed awake for the first time since Logan
      left. He knew his jealousy was stupid and juvenile
      and would only push Jean away, but he couldn't stop
      half a dozen insane scenarios from flashing through
      his head. He knew she would never leave him, even if
      she wanted to. That was Jean, loyal to a fault.

      What bothered him was that she might ever want to.
      The thought that he could be holding her prison in
      their relationship cut through him. Logan wanted
      Jean, that much was painfully obvious. //If she
      wanted him, how would I know?//

      His gaze drifted to the beautiful woman sleeping
      beside him. Her face was turned toward him, shining
      auburn hair spread across her pillow, mouth slightly
      open. Scott pushed one strand of hair off her cheek
      and sighed. He tried to imagine what it might be like
      not to have her to talk to, make love to, how he would
      live without her in his life. The thought alone
      brought tears of pain and waves of doubt he didn't
      want to deal with.

      Closing his eyes tight for a minute, Scott took a deep
      breath. //This is stupid. It won't happen. Jean
      loves me as much as I love her. I know that.//
      Rolling over, he draped his arm across her waist,
      watching Jean sleep until he drifted into
      unconsciousness himself.

      Part 3: Jean coming in a minute...

      =====
      http://go.to/believer