Sharp Relief (1/?)

  • Sugar14672@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2000
      Title: Sharp Relief (1/?)
      Author: Meghan
      Email:Sugar14672@...
      Rating: PG
      Genre: R/L romance eventually
      Summary:Logan comes back to find the young girl he left behind all grown up.
      Comments:This is for Nix's challange. I know Im slow but Im a perfectionist
      and can't just knock out chapter after chapter...so..bare with me here! I
      know its short but I have the next part almost done. So, it should be out
      l8ter tonight.

      _*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

      The remnants of morning lazily poked through the barren sky. Night had
      shifted from a dark ebony black to a light dusty blue. Logan couldn't help
      the look of shock as soon as his eyes wandered to the watch strapped onto one
      of his gloved hands. It was nearly four in the morning and it didn't look as
      if he would catch a glimpse of sleep. Of course, his body had pretty much
      become numb during his rain soaked drive, exhaustion fleeting his senses.

      A series of knocks on the large, whitewashed door produced a half awake Jean
      Grey. She was just as beautiful as Logan remembered. Her striking looks
      could even be recognized this early in the morning. A look of cross anger,
      confusion, and surprise enveloped her features and for a moment Logan was
      sure she was going to slap him.

      "Jean..." Logan greeted, a flirtatious smile found its way on his lips.

      "Logan...?" the stunning red-haired, beauty responded, somewhere between a
      statement and a question.
      Noticing his apprehension Jean continued. "Your back..."

      "Yeah, sorry about coming this early...I didn't want to wake you...I'll just
      go check into a motel or sumthin.."

      "No! wait.." Jean pleaded, everything beginning to seep in. "You might as
      well come in...I mean, it's been so long...Six years.."

      Before he could even compute her words, a masculine voice boomed down the
      stairs, footsteps soon following.

      The man known as Wolverine instantly grimaced, the familiar voice ringing in
      his ears. With obvious distaste and disappointment he ignored the feelings
      of jealousy that invaded him as the man possessively wrapped his arms around
      Jean's waist, his ruby quartz glasses glaring in Logan's eyes.

      "Hey Scotty-boy. I would have thought by now someone would have put you out
      of your misery.."
      Logan could see by the look on Scott's face, he was the last person he
      expected this early in the morning.

      "What are you doing back?" Scott growled. "I figured after the first dozen
      bar fights, someone with a shotgun would have done us all a favor.."

      "Aww...sorry to disappoint you.." fake sympathy laced Logan's voice. Trying
      to get a better glimpse inside the mansion, Logan instantly became agitated.
      "So, are you going to let me in...or let me freeze?"

      "That's very tempting..." Scott let a smug grin shine through.

      "I know I was always told not to play with my food but..." he felt the sharp
      pricking of needles as his claws shot out from his knuckles. Grimacing in
      pain, he felt like his flesh was being carved..but the anger diverged him
      from worrying about anything he 'felt'.

      Jean took initiative and jumped in between the two men. She wanted to make
      sure the useless bantering and bitching didn't escalate.
      "Both of you shut up...Logan, inside now...and Scott..calm down.."

      Logan and Scott cowered at the angry, shrill tone. Like two little boys
      being scolded by their mother, the two did exactly what she said..but not
      without pouty scowls emblazing both of their expressions. Just by looking at
      her face both knew that even carefully timed, puppy eyes wouldn't get them
      out of hot water.

      The large school hadn't changed at all. Furniture was precariously placed,
      identical to how it had been 6 years prior. Of course Logan knew
      better..Things weren't always what they seemed. Although, these days it felt
      as if he were the only one who hadn't changed. The world had continued
      turning, things constantly growing and evolving. Here he was just as
      rebellious and troubled as before. Warmth grafted throughout the large
      mansion and Logan almost completely relaxed, almost took off his leather
      jacket and grabbed a beer...almost.

      Logan could practically feel Jean and Scott's eyes staring right through him
      and couldn't help but smirk. He definitely had control over the element of
      surprise here. He didn't have to be telepathic to know what they were
      thinking. He could still read both of them like a book.

      TBC...?

      "Hey!..Hey it's me!"
      "Prove it"
      "Your a dick.."
      "O-kay!"

      -The movie-X-men (My FAVE movie ever!)

      The Unofficial Rogue and Logan Shipper Shrine

      <A HREF="http://sugar14672.tripod.com/Fanfiction/index.html">The Unofficial
      Rogue and Logan Shipper Shrine</A>

      http://sugar14672.tripod.com/Fanfiction/index.html

      Meghan's Fanfiction Palace