Standings

  • kalika@senet.com.au
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 9, 2001
      OKay hi all, I know, I'm generally kind of quiet.

      I was wondering if anyone here wrote or read slash? I'm on the hunt
      for writers and readers.

      Also, would anyone be terribly offended if I put slash here. I thought
      I should probably ask before doing.

      Oops. :)

      Love, Je
    • Siubhan
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 10, 2001
        On Sat, 10 Feb 2001 kalika@... wrote:

        > I was wondering if anyone here wrote or read slash? I'm on the hunt
        > for writers and readers.

        I've got a couple of pieces on my Web site (see .sig)

        > Also, would anyone be terribly offended if I put slash here. I thought
        > I should probably ask before doing.

        *Please* post slash!

        -Siubhan

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 11, 2001
          Hallo, I'm a reader of slash! ;)

          > I was wondering if anyone here wrote or read slash? I'm on the hunt
          > for writers and readers.
          >
          > Also, would anyone be terribly offended if I put slash here. I thought
          > I should probably ask before doing.

        • S Chester
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 11, 2001
            I will read it, as long as it's tastefully done and I can really understand why the two people that the author put together would really want to be together. A lot of slash is written as violent, abusive sex between two people who don't care a whit about each other, and are just getting together for a cheap screw. I'm not into that (and I would hope most others aren't either.) I think this kind of sex is tasteless, whether or not it's slash. Sex as part of a healthy, loving relationship (be it heterosexual, m/f, or slash m/m or f/f) is a pleasure (excuse the pun) to read. :-)
            > I was wondering if anyone here wrote or read slash? I'm on the hunt
            > for writers and readers.
            >
            > Also, would anyone be terribly offended if I put slash here. I thought
            > I should probably ask before doing.

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            www. .com

          • Megan Madonna
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 12, 2001
              Good morning:)

              I don't mind slash at all - done well it can be the most wonderful
              fic out there, IMHO. I must be very very lucky, though, because
              I have never seen very much slash that is "violent, abusive sex
              between two people who don't care a whit about each other, and
              are just getting together for a cheap screw" -- though I do agree
              that type of slash would NOT be at all something I am interested
              in reading. I read slash in many fandoms (FK, BtVS, Sentinel,
              ST:Voyager, etc...) so I must just have a nose for finding the
              good stuff/lists ect.

              Peace,

              Megan

              :-)

              ----------------
              Sent from a WebBox - http://www.webbox.com
              Web based Email, Files, Bookmarks, Calendar, People and
              Great Ways to Share them with Others!
            • Jaguarita J. H.
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 13, 2001
                >I will read it, as long as it's tastefully done and I can really understand
                >why the two people that the author put together would really want to be
                >together. A lot of slash is written as violent, abusive sex between two
                >people who don't care a whit about each other, and are just getting
                >together for a cheap screw. I'm not into that (and I would hope most others
                >aren't either.) I think this kind of sex is tasteless, whether or not it's
                >slash. Sex as part of a healthy, loving relationship (be it heterosexual,
                >m/f, or slash m/m or f/f) is a pleasure (excuse the pun) to read. :-)

                Oh, wow. Have you ever been reading the wrong writers. Or maybe just the
                wrong fandoms? If you like Xena and Hercules there's a lot of good not
                particularly violent slash type fic out there. Some of it is down right
                smooshie-fic.

                Mac (Occasional Slash writer)