FIC: You Are Watching Me (Poetry, L/R, R/R, Angst, Rogue POV, PG ) [1/1]

  • Kari Jo - Holly
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9 8:11 PM
      TITLE: You Are Watching Me
      SERIES: Watching #3
      AUTHOR: Kari Jo
      EMAIL: holly@...
      SUMMARY: Poetry from Rogue's POV.
      RATING: PG (Probably G, but angst is a little much for G, IMO)
      SETTING: Post-movie
      CATEGORY: R/R, R/L, Angst, Rogue POV
      ARCHIVE: Lists, my site (http://www.limitless.org/~holly/), others just ask
      FEEDBACK: Please! holly@...
      THANKS: To everyone here, especially darkstar, 'cause her poetry
      rocks, and Andariel, who keeps giving me faith in myself.
      AUTHOR'S NOTES: Once I finished the first two poems, I felt really
      bad. Rogue needed a turn, and, damn it, I like seeing them love each
      other. So here's this little ditty from Rogue's POV.
      DISCLAIMER: I don't own these character, Marvel, Fox, and Bryan
      Singer do. The evil plot bunny and the bad rhythm are all mine,
      though.

      -----

      You are watching me.

      You think I don't see. You think I am too wrapped up in my Cajun
      lover to notice, but I am not. You think you are discreet, but I
      know.

      You are watching me.

      Your eyes follow me wherever I go, and you show up, uninvited,
      wherever I am. Whenever he touches me, his hands covered in soft,
      black leather, you grow jealous.

      You are watching me.

      I know what you are thinking. I know that you love me. Even so, you
      have not been watching as closely as you think.

      You are watching me.

      But you are not seeing me. You do not see the way I watch your back
      as you leave, the way I follow you with my eyes. You do not know
      that I am watching you.

      You are watching me.

      I know that soon you will leave. I know that you will you try and
      drown my memory in other women. I know you love me, but I know you
      do not know how I feel.

      Even though you are watching me.
      --
      Kari Jo - Fic Junkie Extraordinare

      ****

      No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for
      a while you'll see why.
      --Mignon McLaughlin

      holly@... kari_jo_w@...
      http://www.limitless.org/~holly