Letters and Papers from Prison (0/1) Rogue + ensemble

  • Minisinoo Girl
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2001
      Okay, "John Wayne's Teeth" is giving me fits. This is
      what I do to defocus and work out the kinks. This
      story has been kicking around in my head for a long
      time. As always, here's the ULR address for the
      pretty html version with pictures (four, this time):
      http://www.geocities.com/minisinoo/lpfp.html

      This is the longest stand-alone piece I've done to
      date, almost 6000 words. Summary and such:

      LETTERS AND PAPERS FROM PRISON
      Minisinoo

      literal, with a man in a plastic prison. Rogue +
      ensemble, especially Scott.

      Warnings: This is about one of the more disturbing
      historical events of the 20th Century. Read it
      anyway. When we stop telling these stories, stop
      hearing them, we're in danger of repeating them.
      There is no little discussion of religion in this.
      I'm sorry if that offends anyone, but it can hardly be
      avoided, given the topic. I think it fairly clear
      this isn't either propaganda or proselytizing.

      Notes and acknowledgments: In all the focus on Rogue
      and Logan, I think it sometimes gets forgotten that
      Marie received Erik Lehnsherr's memories, too. Now �
      what does she do with them?

      The historical events that I relate are adapted from
      actual memoirs of death camp survivors. Elie Wiesel,
      quoted herein, became (along with Primo Levi) one of
      the great "voices" of the holocaust. And Dietrich
      Bonhoeffer, also quoted herein, was a famous
      theologian and minister, arrested for participation in
      resistance activities against the Nazis. He was
      eventually executed on April 9, 1945 at Flossenb�rg
      camp. He was not a Jew. LETTERS AND PAPERS FROM
      PRISON is the collection of material which he mailed
      while incarcerated, or was recovered later. Like
      Steve Biko, Rev. Martin Luther King, Anna Mae Aquash,
      and Bishop Romero, Bonhoeffer was a modern martyr.

      Sometimes, unexpected people stand by you.

      Ate Wakantanka, micante ki eciya tanhan.

      --Minisinoo

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/