ADMIN: Re: list merge PLEASE READ

  • Kate Andrews
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2000
      Hi there...Lots of you are also subscribed to Melissa's
      xmenfanfiction list, so this might be redundant. A few days ago,
      Kielle, in her infinite wisdom suggested we combine lists. Misty and
      I talked about it briefly, decided it was a good idea and... well...
      Melissa's note to her list explains it quite well, so I'll just stick
      that here.

      <snip>
      ****************************
      Hey guys-

      This is Melissa Flores, the list mommy, here to give you some
      important site news. Before, Kielle suggested that xmenmoviefanfic and
      x-menfanfiction merge lists to allow for some reduction of double
      postings in people's mailboxes. Kate, the list mommy for the other
      site, and I talked about it, and agreed it would be a good idea.

      I'm officially announcing the merging of the x-menfanfiction list with
      the xmenmoviefanfic list, to you guys, my list people. Now, the
      affects you, because, to allow for easier access, I'm dissolving
      x-menfanfiction and transfering all the members to xmenmoviefanfic
      list.

      Also, we are merging the lists sites, as well, so Kate and I have been
      working very hard to get the site together and moved before Sunday.
      when it's officially up, we'll announce it to the list.

      As of tomorrow morning, I'm dissolving this list, and moving everyone
      to xmenmoviefanfic. Remember, as of tomorrow morning, this list (x-
      menfanfiction) will no long exist, and you'll all be members of the
      other list, (xmenmoviefanfic) of which Kate and I will both moderate
      and co-run.

      Comments, questions? Cigars? Cigarrettes?
      <snip>

      So there you have it. :) Extend a warm welcome to the newcomers
      (which I'm sure you will...), and keep an eye out for the
      announcement of the site opening.

      Also, I (Kate) am heading off to Florida for two weeks on Sunday, and
      will have sporadic e-mail access till I return. So, till then
      Melissa's the sole moderator. Wish me luck. It's my first long
      distance (NJ to FL) road trip, and I'm praying I don't kill my travel
      companion.

      See you all in 2 weeks...

      Kate Andrews