(OT) Messege sent to me, thought I'd pass it on

  • matchstickdude@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2001
      Okay this morning I went to check my mail and there
      was this document from a hahaha. It came with an
      attachment, something to do with a Snow White story.

      It sounded suspicious so off I go and make sure all my
      anti-virus programs are on just in case, then I open
      the mail, to check the individual's internet provider,
      DID NOT open the attachment, send the mail to trash
      and then did a check on goggle. Turns out that it is
      a virus, nasty one.

      http://www.internetnews.com/streaming-news/article/0,,8161_509721,00.html

      For further information, on the virus. Now see I am in
      web only when it comes to the mailing list so that
      either means a list got compromise or a friends
      computer got the virus, so I am just sending this
      warning for everyone to please don't open attachments
      and make sure to delete suspicious emails.

      That's it.

    • aericura
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2001
        Hey all,

        Now I think it's been mentioned here before, but I'm going to mention it
        again with a quick addition this time in the hopes of keeping things well on
        track. Here on XMMFF, which is starting to dance towards the 600 member
        mark (WOW!), OT posts, unless REALLY REALLY necessary, should not be put
        here, and if you really want to put it to the list, send it to one of your
        fearless list moderators beforehand for the go-ahead. We're a rather busy
        list as is, and since it's fanfic based, there's not much space for
        discussion (for that, go to xmenmoviefanficdisc. I think that's the right
        name....:)), so please, watch what you post here.

        And, for everyone's information, we have eGroups (oh, I mean YahooGroups
        *sigh*) automatically dump any attachments that are sent to XMMFF,
        accidental or otherwise, as a safety measure. Alot of it is because of the
        virus risk-- we like to have a safe haven for our fic habit. But... if
        you're sending fic to this list via an attachment, it's obviously not
        getting through either, so pretty please with mutant DNA on top, cut and
        paste, cut and paste.

        Anyhoo, carry on. fanfic good. :)

        Shana,
        co-mod, XMMFF, LRFC, FKp... oh, never mind....

        aericura@...
        "And if you even *think* about thanking me for saving your ass, I swear I'll
        implant my best home-made nightmares in your brain for the rest of your
        natural existence." -Marvel Girl, Ultimate X-Men #2