FIC: "It Was Love" (1/1) [PG-13]

  • Diebin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2001
      TITLE: It Was Love
      AUTHOR: Diebin
      RATING: PG-13 with oblique references to sex
      SUMMERY: Love the man, but don't love love.
      ARCHIVE: The Usual Suspects
      DISCLAIMER: Bah. Humbug.
      DEDICATED TO: Molly, who said it was enough. And Donna, who knows lots of
      First Aid for the soul.

      AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is very short. My disclaimers are probably longer than
      the story itself. If you blink, you'll miss it. *shrug* It's one of those
      things, y'know. I apologize if it makes no sense to anyone but me. *g*

      ~*~

      His eyes said Mine.

      It was the first thing she knew that she had to deny, the first thing that
      frightened her. They didn't say it at first, not when he saw her in the
      bar, not when he picked her up off the street. Not even when he stabbed
      her.

      But when he bled for her, his eyes changed. My blood for your blood, they
      said. Mine.

      She didn't agree.

      His body said Mine.

      It was the first thing she knew she had to fear, the second thing that
      frightened her. His body didn't say it at first, not when he came home and
      hugged her, not when he brushed rough hands over her hair when no one else
      wanted to. Not even when he crushed into her, pressing her into the wall
      with insistence that she couldn't quite deny.

      But when she came for him, his body changed. My pleasure for your pleasure,
      it said. Mine.

      She couldn't agree.

      His hands said Mine.

      It was the first thing she knew she had to fight, the third thing that
      frightened her. His hands didn't say it at first, not when he clutched at
      her hips, not when he touched her in ways she couldn't begin to imagine
      possible. Not even when he took of his gloves so that she could feel flesh
      through thin fabric.

      But when he brushed bare fingers against her skin, his hands changed. My
      mind in your mind, they said. Mine.

      She wouldn't agree.

      His smile said Mine.

      It was the first thing she knew she had to hide from, the fourth thing that
      frightened her. His smile didn't say it at first, not when he smiled at her
      in the hallway where no one else could see, not when he laughed softy at a
      wry joke she made in a soft voice. Not even when he smiled down at her
      after sex.

      But when he smiled as she sucked his life into her, his smile changed. My
      happiness for your happiness, it said. Mine.

      She shouldn't agree.

      His voice said Mine.

      It was the first thing she knew she had to run from, the last thing that
      frightened her. His voice didn't say it at first, not when he mentioned he
      was sticking around, not when he said he joining the team. Not even when he
      told her that he loved her in the darkest part of the night.

      But when his lips brushed her ear as he thrust into her, his voice changed.
      "You're mine, Marie," it said. "Mine."

      She had to agree.

      She had to deny, had to fear, had to fight, had to hide, had to
      run--because she didn't couldn't wouldn't shouldn't--had to agree. She was
      his.

      It was love.

      And she hated it.

      ~*~