FF "Spring: Common Ground" (1/1) PG [Logan, Rogue]

  • Elizabeth Wilde
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2001
      Author: Elizabeth Wilde
      Title: Spring: Common Ground
      Series: Phases: Year in a Day
      Rating: PG
      Spoilers: the movie
      Feedback: to wilde_moon@... if you really love
      me
      Notes: The graphic for this story can be found at
      http://www.geocities.com/aloysiusj/spring.html

      Lay beside me
      Tell me what they've done
      Speak the words I wanna hear
      To make my demons run
      The door is locked now
      But it's open if you're true
      If you can understand the me
      Then I can understand the you

      Logan had been pacing in the hall outside Rogue's door
      for close to an hour before he finally got up the
      courage to speak. "Marie?" Then he cursed silently
      when he remembered she didn't like to be called that
      anymore.

      "Yeah?"

      He sighed, thinking it a good sign that she didn't
      sound angry. "Can we maybe... can we talk?" After a
      few moments of silence, he added, "Maybe tonight?
      That's later." She had, after all, said she needed
      time. He had tried so hard to wait until she came to
      him. But he couldn't.

      "Yeah. Later. Meet ya outside 'round sunset,
      alright?"

      Logan grinned. He could feel the muscles in his
      shoulders untense slightly. "I'll be waitin',
      Marie... Rogue," he corrected as quickly as possible
      before turning to walk away.

      "Logan?"

      He hurried back to the door, leaning against the wall,
      almost able to construct a picture of her sitting up
      on her bed as she spoke. "Yeah?"

      "You can call me Marie... if you want to."

      If he hadn't thought it would tick Rogue off, he would
      have laughed. "Sure thing, Marie, darlin'. I'll see
      ya tonight." And then he walked away. But only, he
      reminded himself, for a little while.

      THE END

      There's only one more of these left now! Feedback
      makes me write faster... *G*

      Peace & Love,
      Beth
      wilde_moon@...
      star_momma@...

      =====
      Catch Your Breath [my index site] ~ http://www.catchyourbreath.net

      "We've always been ready for female superheroes because women want to be them and men want to do them." -Famke Janssen

      "Rogue, please. I like you. Don't make me stab you to death with a plastic hanger." ~from Dyce's fic 'The Godless Among Them'

      http://photos.yahoo.com/