FF "Winter: Frozen" (1/1) PG [Logan, Rogue]

  • Elizabeth Wilde
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2001
      Author: Elizabeth Wilde
      Title: Winter: Frozen
      Series: Phases: Year in a Day
      things better.
      Rating: PG
      Spoilers: the movie
      Feedback: to wilde_moon@... if you really love
      me
      Notes: The graphic for this story can be found at
      http://www.geocities.com/aloysiusj/winter.html

      Mercy - pure and simple
      Longing - cold and hollow
      With sweet breath you'd come to warm me
      But I held on too hard to only a memory

      //Logan,

      I don't know how to try. I don't know how to feel the
      things you're wanting me to feel. I know how to be
      alone, and I know how to stay alone. I know how to
      push everyone away but the people who are in here with
      me, stuck inside my damn head. I know Erik and David
      and even you.

      I know you but I don't know the first thing about you.
      I know the you I wanted to keep with me, the one I
      held tight to and wouldn't let slip away. I'm used to
      it being me, alone, untouchable. I don't even know if
      I want to learn how to be more than just me.

      I'm in love with a you that probably doesn't exist
      anywhere but in me. I hate pushing you away on the
      one hand and don't know anything else that I can do on
      the other. You scare me. You scare me because I know
      that I could get to know you, maybe get to care about
      you, and I could lose what's here inside of me. I
      could lose the person who has been keeping me sane all
      these years alone and untouched. I need him. Maybe I
      need you too.

      Give me time.

      ~Marie//

      Rogue's heart pounded in her chest as she made her way
      down the hall to Logan's room. She knew that he would
      know she was there, that he would probably smell her
      the second she came down the hallway. She just hoped
      he knew better than to try to talk to her. Yet.

      Fighting her nervousness, Rogue slid the note under
      Logan's door. She wondered absently if she should
      have tried to find something other than the blood red
      pen when writing it. But somehow the color seemed
      appropriate, fitting. It had hurt to write the
      letter. It was emotional blood and the scrawled
      letters on the page fit that feeling with their
      crimson tint.

      Rogue almost ran back to her room, shutting the door
      behind her with a surprisingly loud WHAM! sound and
      leaned back against the solid, comforting wood,
      willing her knees to solidify again and her pulse to
      slow. All she needed was time.

      THE END

      I'll be sending out the next-to-the-last one in this
      series in just a moment... if my 'net connection holds
      that long... ::gives Earthlink the finger::

      =====
      Catch Your Breath [my index site] ~ http://www.catchyourbreath.net

      "We've always been ready for female superheroes because women want to be them and men want to do them." -Famke Janssen

      "Rogue, please. I like you. Don't make me stab you to death with a plastic hanger." ~from Dyce's fic 'The Godless Among Them'

      http://photos.yahoo.com/