Beware Mary Sue! ;) (was Re: How could i be so STUPID!?!?!?)

  • Kielle !
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 8:41 PM
      >but my question still remains, can i bring in a new character? she'll be
      >the main character now, is that allowed or should i
      >shut up <:\

      This is for Chaser, but it's good advice (I think) so I'm going
      to let it go to the list, hope no one minds...

      You can, but you have to be careful that he/she doesn't show
      up just to be cool and have nifty (or angsty) powers and make
      the other characters look stupid -- or just to be protected
      and saved by your favorite character. Both types of stories
      have been beaten to death -- characters like that are called
      "Mary Sues," and are pretty much universally hated. ;) I
      think you're a better writer than that, though! So just be
      careful to write canon characters as well as possible and you
      should be okay.

      .-=K=-.

      PS: Next time, write your story in Word or something and save
      it often, huh? :)