FF: Cat's Cradle: Part Eight [An unknown identity is speaking] [PG-13]

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2001
      Title: Cat's Cradle
      Author: Elizabeth Vines
      Disclaimer: Sahra and her Clan own me. The X-Men belong to Marvel and Stan
      Lee. Everyone else belongs to someone else other than me.
      Series: Summer Solstice. This story follows after Curiosity.
      Rating: PG-13 for a little swearing, other than that, this is a short piece
      of the puzzle.
      Thanks Go Out To: Majestrix, for her BETA-reading, and to all those who have
      replied.

      Part Eight
      Things were beginning to get interesting. The feline fools had contacted
      the mutants just like She had hoped. There were a few things that She
      hadn�t counted on, like the fact that mages were nonexistent in this day and
      age. She hadn�t thought that their numbers would decline to the point where
      there was no one to train the new ones. She had found a potential mage
      among the thieves and business people at Her command, but that plan had
      backfired when he had gotten greedy and burned himself out, trying to
      control more power than he could handle. There wasn�t much left to work
      with after the fire had died out. He had burned his physical body up as the
      power had leeched his mind from him.
      That was most unfortunate as there weren�t any others readily available for
      Her to choose from. Add to the fact that the Others weren�t backing her up
      and that They had sent Bast to aid the mortals. Without the aid of Their
      power, She could only harvest Her own, slowly and painfully. That galled
      Her. The bastards weren�t going to allow Her the revenge She desperately
      craved.
      If only. . . .