Fic: " How to say "I love you" (2/7) and (3/7) PG/PG-13 [Scott/Rogue, others ]

  • neh@post10.tele.dk
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2000
      And part 2; talking with Alex, thinking of Marie
      And part 3; Seeing Marie again

      Part 2:
      Scott went down the street and as he passed a homeless begging for money he let some coins drop into the man’s hat.
      “ Thank you, kind Sir” The man said and Scott smiled at him, a little ashamed that he couldn’t do more. As he went back to his office, Marie still hunted his thoughts.
      “ Scott! Where have you been? I was getting worried,” Alex Summers, Scott’s kid brother, said as Scott returned to his office next to Alex’s. Scott and Alex had been orphaned as children but both had worked hard for what they wanted which had been very different things. Alex wanted power and respect which had lead him to conquer the stock market and become a very wealthy man. Scott had wanted to make the world a better place and had studied Medicine and often travelled to the Third World to help where he could. He often sat with Alex in his meetings but it was more because Alex found him good publicity and then because he did own 49% of Summers Enterprises, but there were no mistaking that it was Alex’s firm and his dream.
      “ I just went for a walk.” Alex looked worried at him.
      “ You ok?” He asked softly, real concern in his voice.
      “ Yeah, I’m ok,” Scott said, and found he actually meant it. Since he had seen the vision of beauty and innocence called Marie down at the store all his problems seemed far away.
      “ Good. You feel up to anticipating in a meeting? You recall that Warren Worthington III, the rich businessman from L.A., is visiting us today about a contract. Also he is to visit Lorna and me in our home tonight with his wife, Betsy. I would like you to be there,” Alex kindly reminded him. Lorna was Alex wife and a well known designer. They had a house just outside Manhattan and a apartment in Manhattan that they rarely used.
      “ Sure, I´ll come. “ Alex squeezed his shoulder gently.
      “ Come on,” Alex said and lead him into the office and Scott knew it would be a long day.

      Part 3:
      Summer had come to New York and Scott enjoyed a trip down the street. He had visited Tanzania again and had worked with AIDS sick children. He had taken part in the treatment, caring and prevention. He remembered how shocked he had been over the conditions the sick lived under down there and how afraid he had been to get sick when he had been there the first time. But he had worked anyway. Not out of duty but because he sincerely wanted to help. The worst part had been to say goodbye to so many patients so many times. They were often alone in death and only got a small wooden cross which would be gone a year later. They had been forgotten as if they had never existed. That had hurt Scott the most, more than when he lost patients with crying relatives all around them. Humans are gregarious animals and man’s greatest fear is often loneliness. Most of all in death. When death came to him he had hoped he hadn’t had to be alone. Now, he had no other choice.
      He drew to a stop next to the music store. He hadn’t forgotten Marie and had thought of her while in Tanzania. Now, all he had was time since he couldn’t work anymore. He missed working a lot. He had known that it would come to this, being a doctor more than others but still…he had hoped for more time. He remembered the CD he had brought here last. When he had reached his apartment he had thought the package too pretty to open had had put it in a closet. Seeing Marie by the counter his heart made a jump in his chest. She still looked like he had pictured her in his mind; a Angel of light and innocence. He grabbed a random CD and went to her.
      “ Hey again” She said as she saw him and smiled that wonderful smile at him and he had to smile back at her.
      “ You can remember me?!”
      “ Yes. You, I can’t forget” She said softly. Not even if I wanted to, she thought. He lay the CD on the counter.
      “ You want me to warp it?” You look so sad. If only I could help you, Marie thought sadly.
      “ Please do” You are so beautiful. If I was a poet I would compose a poem to you but I’m not so the words I don’t speak will have to do, Scott thought gently. Marie went to the other table and warped it. She handed it back to him.
      “ Did you like the other CD or was it a gift?”
      “ I liked it” Scott lied. He had never heard it, just looked at the pretty paper and seen how much work she had put into making his CD look nice.
      “ Good.” She smiled shyly at him. “ I hope you like this one too”
      “ I’m sure I will” Then before he wanted to, he was forced to leave and the spell was broken. Out on the street he looked at the CD and it looked even prettier than the last one. Again he couldn’t bring himself to opened it and when he came home, he put it in the closet to the other one, both shinning in the light.