Fic: " How to say "I love you" (1/7) PG/PG-13 [Scott/Rogue, others]

  • neh@post10.tele.dk
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2000
      Hi all,
      First I`ll like to wish all a happy new year.
      To April, with thanks for your kind words and friendship.

      Feedback would be great. Really, I mean it. Please?
      neh@...

      A few notes:
      1) This story is set in a alternative universe. Ours.
      2) This is a tale of love, found and lost.
      3) I personally think of this as my best story yet. I´ll love to know if you feel the same. ( Yep, the feedback thing again...)

      Ok, enough talking...here`s the story...enjoy.........

      How to say “I love you” By Nadja Lee 20/11/00
      Disclaimer: “X-men” and all the characters here belong to Marvel , 20 Century Fox and I intend no infringement, this is a piece of amateur fan fiction, and I make no money of it.
      Timeline: Set in our time.
      Universe: Set in a alternative universe ( that would be our universe!).
      Pairing: Scott/Rogue
      Archiving: Want, ASK, take, have.
      Feedback: Yes, please. My e-mail address is neh@....
      Rating: PG
      Dedicated to: Carol who came up with the idea for this story. She owns the idea, I the story. Carol, I hope you enjoy this small tribute wherever you are.
      Author’s note: Set in a alternative world! Ours!
      Warning: Character Death!
      Thanks to Christina for the Beta.
      *mmmm * is telepathically thoughts spoken in the mind. “ mmmmm ” is spoken out loud.

      Part 1:
      Present day, New York:
      Scott Summers was walking down the busy street on Manhattan. Six Avenue was a expensive street and all the beautiful, rich women shopping there bore evidence to the fact as did all the fine cars on the street. It was spring and the flowers had just began to bloom. Scott couldn’t see the flowers but he could smell them. He was born with extremely delicate and weak eyes. He wasn’t blind yet he wasn’t sighted either. Direct sunlight hurt his eyes so he always wore shades as he did this day as well. He saw as well as anybody else he just needed the shades to protect his eyes against the sun which resulted in him never having seen the real colours of anything not inside a house as if he removed his glasses for just a moment he got great pain in his mind from the sun. He came to a music store and went in. He loved most kind of music, the newest noise they called music an exaction. Music could make him forget the world for a while and it opened up a world of pictures in his mind. Just listening to a love song could make him see hundreds of pictures in his mind’s eye. Slowly he browsed the store, taking a lot of time to read the names on the CDs and looking for just the right one. After a while he had found a classic CD he wanted and went to the counter with it. A young woman of about 17 years stood by the counter.
      “ Yes?” She smiled pleasantly at him but he noticed more her soft, kind faintly southern accented voice. It was a nice voice. He liked it. She was delicately built and had a white streak in her brown hair in front. She was stunning.
      “ This one,” Scott said and put his CD down on the counter. As she reached to take the CD their hands touched and Scott felt like a electric shook had gone through him from her touch. They both looked up until she shyly broke the stare and saw how much the CD was.
      “ $14,95” She said, her voice kind. “ You want me to wrap it?” Scott was so enchanted by her beauty that it took him some time to realise she had spoken to him.
      “ Hum? Yeah, please do.” It really wasn’t a present but if it meant he could see and listen to her some more, he wanted her to because it made him happy just to be near her. She went to another table and wrapped his CD before coming back and smilingly handing it to him.
      “ Here you are. Enjoy” Scott smiled softly at her.
      “ I will,” he said lowly. Something in his voice made her blush. He reluctantly went to the door and as he turned back, Marie, as he had read on her name tag her name was, waved at him. He smiled and waved back.