X-Men in Top 10

  • Jengrrrl
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2000
      Thought I'd share. THis is from a Salon.com critic.

      9) "X-Men" Brian Singer's film of the Marvel comic doesn't reach the
      Wagnerian heights of Tim Burton's "Batman," but it's a great comic-book
      movie with a grandeur of its own. Depicting the adolescent outsider's
      desire for acceptance and revenge in the story of a battle between good
      mutants and evil mutants, the movie is less resonant in the plot involving
      a bigoted politician than when we get to see the good mutants putting their
      special powers to work. The best scenes feature the terrifically
      charismatic Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and Anna Paquin as Rogue, a girl who
      is so empathetic that merely touching another human being causes her to
      drain their life force. Paquin gives the freakiest and most convincing
      portrayal of the heightened sensitivity of adolescence since Sissy Spacek
      in "Carrie" and Amy Irving in "The Fury."

      http://www.geocities.com/jengrrrl2000

      Sign up for FREE Marvel email you can access from anywhere! -- http://www.MarvelOnline.net/