Fic: " Christmas Of Today" ( 6/6) PG/PG-13 [Scott/Jean, Logan/Rogue, Storm, others]

  • neh@post10.tele.dk
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2000
      And finally part 6; Saying goodbye...

      Part 6, Early December the 24th:
      Scott stood alone before Jack’s grave. He had been the only one at church as well. Xavier and Jean had offered to go with him but Jean didn’t know that he was going through and he preferred it like that and he couldn’t take Xavier`s sympathy right now. A cold wind blew over the cemetery and Scott read the stone he had given Jack;

      Here lies
      Jack Daniels

      It wasn’t very informative but how do one tell a life that you never knew and don’t want to know in a few lines? He now wondered if Jack’s change of heart at the edge of life really changed anything at all and came to the conclusion that it didn’t. Not for him. He knew that Xavier would have wanted him to forgive him but he just couldn’t. The pain was too deep. Standing in the cold alone, he remembered a few happy moments with Jack. Like one time when he had taken Scott with him to town and given him a lollipop. It had been one of the few things he had ever given him. It had been and still was a good memory. For sixteen years Jack had been the only father Scott could remember and his hate had wounded him more than his blows. It wasn’t until he met Xavier than he understood that not all fathers were like Jack and that a father would also be forgiven and kind and not just hard and cold. A paranoid part of Scott was sure Jack had died at Christmas just to bring him as much pain as possible and ruin his first Christmas with Jean now that they were finally together. No matter how much he wanted to he couldn’t even shed one tear over Jack’s dead and empty life but he could fell sorry for his loneliness because he knew that loneliness was about the scariest thing there is. With a last look at Jack’s small graveside and a silent farewell to a father who had never been a father at all, Scott left.
      “" May he wake in torment never to find any kind of comfort in Death. May
      his lies satanic that corrupt even now. Bring him back to confront me
      again. These are words of hatred. Words of contempt, only one who cared
      would say. Only one who suffered at the hands and heart of a father who stole
      both his childhood and soul"

      The End – Maybe *G*

      ( The last was inspired by Sir Cliff Richard. Anything he would claim as his is his. The rest is mine)

      I`ll love feedback and in the spirit of Christmas....Consider giving me some? I`ll love you forever for it *G*
      neh@...

      ( So Helene; did it fulfill your demands? *G*)

      First they came for the Jews
      and I did not speak out — because I was not a Jew.

      Then they came for the communists
      and I did not speak out — because I was not a communist.

      Then they came for the trade unionists
      and I did not speak out — because I was not a trade unionist.

      Then they came for me —
      and by then there was no one left to speak out for me.

      - " If you love someone, set them free. They`ll come back if it was meant to be"
      - "The outsider, lonely
      Who dared to defy
      My hurt was unseen...
      ...I can no longer cry"
      From a poem by Helene.
      - " To never have loved, is to never have lived"
      - A member of PETS ( People for the Ethical Treatment of Scott)