Re: [xmenmoviefanfic] R/L songs

  • Jennifer Matarese
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2000
      > Someone out there was looking for songs to write to inspire for fan
      > fic...I have two songs that I think go well with R/L stuff...
      >
      > Soul Assylum: Runaway Train
      > and
      > Sara McLaclan: In the Arms of an Angel

      Hmm ... I wonder what I've got on my Napster that might be a R/L song ...

      Peter Gabriel -- In Your Eyes
      Billy Joel -- Goodnight My Angel
      Bell, Book, and Candle -- Destiny
      Chantal Kreviazuk -- Before You (then again, maybe not for R/L, but
      definitely a relationshippy song)
      Darlene Love -- (Today I Met) The Boy I'm Gonna Marry ... you know, if you
      like that drippy stuff. (Don't ask me why this is on my Napster. I think it
      involves a Cheetos overdose, "Father of the Bride," and 39 hours of sleep
      deprivation.)
      Dido -- Here With Me (Then again, anything of Dido's might work ... the
      whole album rocks ...)
      Dixie Chicks -- Cowboy Take Me Away
      Fisher -- I Will Love You (That's if you're really, REALLY into the drippy
      R/L stuff. Probably really good for R/L stories where one of 'em loses an
      arm or something and the other one cries on what's left of their shoulder.
      Um ... ewwww.)
      Girl Next Door -- Gorgeous or Rumplestiltskin (For all the icky make-out
      stuff with those lovable kids. Well, ONE of 'em's a kid, hence the "icky."
      Don't mind me. I need work. *G*)
      Goo Goo Dolls -- Iris
      Greta Gaines -- Firefly (For all those "Rogue-u-la all grown up and seducing
      Logan in a public bar with no care for the Neanderthalic reprobates drooling
      two feet away" fics. Which, by the way, are kinda scary fun if you change
      all the "Rogue"s to "I"s. *G* )

      *ahem*

      *exhale inhale*

      Don't mind me ... I have 800 files on my Napster ... I could keep going, I
      warn you ... I've editing screenplays all night for someone else, and
      apparently, he tends to sneeze commas into his story on a regular basis ...
      *user groans and reminds herself that she really does LIKE doing English
      homework for fun ... really ...*

      Troll Princess
      Grand Poobah of Mischief and Sheepish Lord of Chaos
      Go with God, my car's full.
      Buffy Summers: What are you doing here, Spike? Five words or less!
      Spike: [counting on fingers] Out... for... a... walk... bitch.
      -- "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"