Fic: " Losing You" (1/7) till ( 7/7) PG-13 [ Scott/Jean, Rogue/Logan, Storm/ Logan (Scott/Rogue)] REPOSTING!

  • neh@post10.tele.dk
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2000
      Hi
      It has been brought to my attention that the descriptions of the pairings
      in this story was inadequate. Therefor here it is again with all the
      pairings I could find ( well, almost). I’m sorry for any misunderstanding the
      bad pairing descriptions may have given.
      I’m very sorry for the reposing.
      Warning: Character Death!
      Thanks to Christina. Sorry, I forgot it before.
      It is my birthday so don´t expect new fics till Sunday. Sorry.
      Hope you enjoy “Losing you”

      I´ll love feedback at
      neh@...

      Losing You By Nadja Lee 24/11/00
      Disclaimer: “X-men” and all the characters here belong to Marvel , 20
      Century Fox and I intend no infringement, this is a piece of amateur fan
      fiction, and I make no money of it.
      Only the original idea contained within this work is the property of the
      author. Please do not copy this story to any website or archive without
      permission of the author.
      Timeline: Set after the movie
      Universe: Set in the movie universe. Only the movie NOT the book that goes
      with it!
      Pairing: Scott/Jean, Slight Logan/Rogue, Slight Logan/Storm
      choose who is to live- Jean or…Rogue?
      Archiving: Want, ASK, take, have.
      Feedback: Yes, please. My e-mail address is neh@....
      Rating: PG-13
      Dedicated to: My sister’s favourite show, Angel. Hope you like!
      Author’s note: One of my first tries at a action story. Please, please
      be gentle with me. Also please note that this story is in no way connected
      with "“Touching you", “Holding you “, "“Needing You"” or
      “Finding You”
      Warning: Character Death!
      Thanks to Christina for the Beta.
      *mmmm * is telepathically thoughts spoken in the mind. “ mmmmm ” is
      spoken out loud.
      Part 1:
      “ I’m going to the mall to get a few things we need. You want to come?” Jean asked Rogue as she saw her sitting alone in the kitchen this
      Saturday morning. It was still early, 0832, so many in the Mansion wasn’t up
      yet. Jean was surprised that Rogue was awake considering that the students
      had held a party last night which had lasted till way past 0300. Poor
      Scott. He had been babysitting on the party and had first got to bed at 0500
      after clean up. When Jean had awoken at 0800, Scott had grunted sleepily at
      her and gone back to sleep.
      “ Sure” Rogue answered and got her cape. It had been a little over a
      month since her ordeal at the Statue and to her joy Logan had returned last
      night. Really bad timing with the party and all, something that Scott also
      had complained about but he had been as happy to see their friend as the
      rest of them. Maybe more since Logan had bought his beloved motorcycle back.
      She had tried to fit in with the other students at the school but it was
      hard. Scott had talked with them and explained her mutation for them, saying
      they should be kind to her as he hadn’t missed that almost all had
      avoided her since she had touched Logan in his room. Kitty had been the first to
      approach her since then and after that the other students had soon
      followed. She had tried to opened up to the teachers but Logan´s distaste in
      authorities which still sat in her, made it difficult. Especially with Scott.
      Through Logan´s feelings she knew he didn’t hate the other man, but
      disagreed heavily on his methods and visa versa. She wished she had the courage
      to approach Scott and talk with him to get to know him better. She
      sometimes felt like he had built a prison up around himself through his inability
      to really see other people. Sometimes she thought she saw the real Scott,
      afraid to be alone, so desperate to be loved and yet so strong and
      self-sacrificing, the latter two qualities he displayed time and time again on
      missions and in his daily life.
      “ Here we are,” Jean said and parked the car. So early where they that
      there were no others near by. Rogue liked Jean, but maybe that was a
      leftover from Logan as well as she hardly knew the woman. Rogue and Jean existed
      the car and walked towards the mall, through the large parking place.
      Suddenly Jean stopped. Rogue stopped too and looked puzzled at her.
      “ Someone’s here. Someone with hate on their mind. Hate and…” Her
      eyes winded. “ murder!”
      “ What? Where???” Rogue asked confused and looked around. All she saw
      was a old woman coming towards them, her steeps unsure. “ Her???” Rogue
      asked disbelieving and nodded to the old woman.
      “ No, but close by” Jean whispered to Rogue as she scanned the area.
      She still wasn’t very trained in using her telepathical powers so it was
      hard for her to locate the source of the thoughts and feelings she was
      getting.
      “ Can you help a old woman to the entrance, child?” The woman asked
      pleasantly to Rogue, her hand shaking as she pointed to the entrance.
      Rogue’s eyes softened. She missed her own grandmother at home. She hadn’t seen
      her since all this started.
      “ Of cause. Here, let me guide you.” Rogue offered the woman her arm
      which she gratefully took and they started walking towards the mall.
      * Something is not right. Stay alert * Jean’s voice rang in Rogue’s
      head.
      * What can she do? Hit me with her cane?* Rogue thought back a little
      amused. She had barely thought it before she felt a familiar sting in her back
      and as she lost consciousness and fell down she thought, hoping Jean would
      hear it:
      * Like Magneto did….It’s a trap…get….away...warn…..* As before
      she almost immediately lost consciousness.
      “ Rogue!” Jean yelled as she saw her fall down and heard her thoughts.
      Before her eyes the old woman transformed into a beautiful blue woman.
      “ Mystique!” Jean hissed and used her telekinesis to tear up a lamp
      and throw it towards the other woman. Mystique neatly docked it and came at
      her. Jean involuntary backed away and…right into Sabretooth`s arms.
      “ I always wanted a redhead!” He growled.
      * Professor, hear me! We are in trouble. Help us. Sabretooth….” She
      had been so concerned about what Sabretooth might do that she had overlooked
      Mystique who gave her the same injection in the back as Rogue. She promptly
      lost consciousness.
      Part 2:
      “ Jean!!! No!!!!” Scott yelled and sat up in bed. Through their mental
      link he had heard her plea to the Professor. He jumped out of bed, quickly
      dressed and ran to the Professor’s office. His heart was pumping in fear
      for Jean and his thoughts and feelings were in turmoil. Let her be ok.
      Please let her be ok, he prayed as he ran through the corridors and into
      Xavier´s room.
      “ Professor..”
      “ I know, Scott. I have already checked on Magneto. He’s still in
      prison so that means that Sabretooth and whoever he might have with him is
      operating on their own.” The older man looked sadly and concerned at Scott. “ And that is not a good thing. Eric…Magneto has a sense of control
      and a sense of honour..” As always when the Professor talked about Magneto,
      his former friend and now enemy, his voice and eyes softened. “…but
      Sabretooth has neither. He kills for the trill of it.”
      “ Have you been able to locate them?” Scott asked concerned. He needed
      to do something, anything to try and save her. He had to save her. He had
      to.
      “ They are moving around right now so Cerebro can’t pinpoint their
      exact location When they stop I can find them.”
      “ Where is Marie???” Logan asked dangerously, his claws at the ready
      as he burst into the office.
      “ She was kidnapped, together with Jean” Xavier said calmly, not the
      least afraid of Logan´s eagerness to fight.
      “ And what…You sit around here and do nothing??? Your girlfriend is
      gone as well.” Logan yelled angrily at Scott.
      “ I know that. Don’t you think I know that?” Scott yelled back,
      anguish in his voice.
      “ Stop this childish behaviour at once! It will not bring them back,”
      Xavier said sternly. Scott immediately backed down while Logan still stared
      angrily at them. “ I can’t locate them until they stand still. I´ll…” The phone ran in that moment and Logan growled in frustration. “
      Professor Xavier speaking.” Charles said as he answered it and following
      his telepathic impulses, put it on speakers.
      “ Hey, Prof. If you want your girls back I suggest you tell your X-men
      to meet me at Claremont Bridge tonight at five. Oh, and tell Cyclops he’s
      not to worry about his little lady. I´ll take good care of her. Real
      good. Ha ha ha” Still laughing, Sabretooth hung up.
      “ You basted. You just keep your filthy hands of her, you hear?” Scott
      yelled furiously and Logan had to hold him back if not he was to smash the
      intercom and phone system in rage.
      “ Cool down, Cyke. He can’t hear you.” Logan said and as Scott
      regained control, released him. Logan looked at the clock. Six hours and
      counting. It was going to be a Hell of a day and the night didn’t promise any
      better. He just prayed Marie was ok.
      Part 3:
      “ Stay together” Cyclops said as he, Storm and Wolverine began to walk
      down the bridge. Fortunately, or not, depending on ones point of view, the
      bridge was closed for repair so everything seemed quit.
      “ I don’t like this” Storm said concerned and covered her and her
      team-mates in a cloud of fog as Cyclops had asked her to.
      “ I can smell something” Logan said and they all stopped.
      “ What?” Cyclops asked concerned.
      “ Fear,” the word had barely escaped Logan´s lips before a terrible
      sight meet them; In one of the towers of the bridge, they saw Jean and
      Rogue. They were hung up by the hands on either side of one of the posts, up in
      top of one tower. Should they fall, they’ll fall several m´s down and
      get killed on impact as they touched the water. They both seemed unhurt but
      they were gagged so couldn’t tell if it was true.
      “ What do you think, great leader? Not bad, is it?” Sabretooth said
      with a leer as he amerced from the shadows.
      “ Sabretooth! Cut them down. Now!” Cyclops demanded angrily, hiding
      his fear for their safety in a more known emotion; hate. Storm and Wolverine
      stood on either site of him, Logan with his clews at the ready and Storm
      ready to summon any of the forces of nature on Cyclops` signal.
      “ Can’t do that. You see, the handcuffs…they are…shall we say
      special? First of all they can’t be forcefully opened, they are made of the
      same metal as Wolverine’s claws so even him can’t cut through them.”
      He explained with a evil smile. He looked lustfully at Storm who backed a
      step away from him. “ Not even Silver Top here can cut through them with
      her lightning and neither can you,” he nodded to Cyclops who had his right
      hand at the controls of his visor.
      “ What do you want?” Cyclops asked coldly.
      “ What do I want? Her” He nodded to Storm.
      “ Forget it, bub” Logan said dangerously and moved to stand
      protectively in front of the beautiful Goddess. Sabretooth laughed at his protective
      but also possessive action.
      “ You can’t have her!” Cyclops said determined.
      “ That’s enough. This wasn’t the plan.” Mystique said as she came
      forth from the shadows and looked with murder in her eyes at Logan.
      “ Aren’t you dead?” Logan said irritated. He hated having to do the
      same job twice.
      “ Not yet”
      “ Well, I can fix that real quick” Logan growled and jumped at her.
      “ Logan, don’t” Cyclops said but too late. The two of them were
      already locked in hand to hand combat.
      “ Stop, or I`ll let one drop!” Sabretooth threatened and held up a
      hand held control panel. Logan drew away from Mystique who gave him a smile
      for her victory.
      “ You’re bluffing!” Logan stated but drew back to stand besides
      Storm again.
      “ No, I’m not. The handcuffs on the women can only be released by this
      panel. But….” He glanced with malice in his eyes at Cyclops. “..only
      one of them can drop. When one fall the other will be locked in place and
      can’t fall. The one who’s alive can be brought down by any of you as
      the metal releases it hold on her.”
      “ What are you saying?” Cyclops asked shocked, hoping to be wrong. Was
      he to…
      “ It’s real simple. Who has always prevented Eric from succeeding? The
      X-men. Who leads the X-men? Cyclops. Kill the leader and a new raises in
      his place. Break the leader and you break the team.” Mystique explained
      simply. She saw the X-men’s distress written in their faces. “ Oh, we
      aren’t that cruel. We’ll even let you choose. So, who’s it to be,
      Cyclops? One dies and one lives. You decide.”
      “ God damn it! You can’t do this” Cyclops yelled frustrated. They
      couldn’t ask this of him. They just couldn’t.
      “ Of cause we can always let Sabretooth decide and then fight over the
      life of the other one but she’ll be an afoul easy target up there and as
      you can see…” Mystique nodded behind her as man came flying and landed
      beside her…” we have a ally who can do the job very fast. Want to see
      who’ll get to her first? Storm or Michael here.” She nodded to the young
      mutant who had just landed.
      “ Don’t do this.” Cyclops said pained and Storm heard something in
      his voice she had never heard before; pleading.
      “Tick-tock…Better think fast, hero. Sabretooth isn’t the most
      patient of men.” Mystique taunted.
      “ Why you…” Logan began furiously and advanced at her.
      “ Ah ha, I wouldn’t do that if I was you. No matter how fast you are
      I can still push the button and one will fall.” Sabretooth warned and
      Logan backed down. He looked at Cyclops for ideas for he had none and saw the
      other man’s distress written in his position and tightening of his jaw.
      Jean or Marie. He was glad he wasn’t forced to choose. But if he where he
      knew what he would choose. Marie. She was like the daughter he had never
      had and he would die, kill or let anyone be killed for her. Even Dr. Jean
      Grey who he was fond of. In time his desire for her could even have turned
      into love.
      Part 4:
      Scott felt like he was in the middle of the worst nightmare of his life.
      This was too much. They couldn’t ask this of him. They just couldn’t.
      How would he ever be able to live with himself, knowing he had killed a
      person? On the other hand it was better to save one than loose both. Forbidden
      thoughts came to his mind. I love Jean and I barely know Marie. Jean is 33
      and have lived a good life while Marie is just a child of 17 with her whole
      life in front of her. Jean has a family and the prospect of a good future
      with children while Marie has no family who’ll claim her and she will
      never have children as none can touch her. Jean is an X-man and fights for the
      cause while Marie is a student whose powers we can’t use in a fight as
      she’ll get as affected by the person she absorbs as he will be wounded by
      her hands. I love Jean. I need Jean. If I choose Jean, Marie will die and
      Logan will hate me if not outright kill me in rage. If I choose Marie, I`ll
      never be able to live with myself again. All those thoughts ran through
      Scott’s brain in under a minute and he came to one conclusion; he couldn’t
      choose. No matter which choice he made, he’ll regret it. He now saw how
      smart this set-up really was; no matter what he said, if he made a choice or
      not, one would die and it would be his fault.
      “ Decide hero. Time’s running out” Mystique said hardly. Scott
      looked desperately at Storm and Logan, hoping they had a plan or some way out of
      this that he hadn’t thought of.
      “ I sorry, my friend. I can’t help you this time,” Storm admitted
      sadly, tears coming to her eyes as she knew as he did that no matter what,
      they would loose a friend tonight. Scott looked at Logan.
      “ I….Choose Marie!” Logan grunted pained. He didn’t want Jean to
      die yet he wanted Marie to live. He had made tough decisions in his life yet
      none as hard as the one Scott was facing; Save your lover and kill a
      student or kill your lover and save a student.
      Part 5:
      * Scott, are you ok?* Jean’s mental voice came weak through his chaotic
      mind.
      * Jean! Oh, dear God. Thank Heavens. Are you ok? I…I don’t know what
      to do. Help me.* His thoughts flew to her over the distance between them.
      * Open your mind to me. It’ll be faster for me to know what is happening
      that way.* Just hearing her voice again brought some sense of peace to
      him. He did as she asked and let her mental fingers gently probed his mind. He
      felt her shook and fear as she understood their situation.
      * We both know what you must do.* Jean’s voice came to him but she had
      cut their report off. He couldn’t read her feelings yet she could read his.
      * I can’t choose! Don’t ask it of me.* Scott thought desperately.
      * I´ll never do that, love. Never. That’s why I have chosen for you.*
      It took Scott a few seconds to realise what she meant.
      * No!!! Jean, don’t do it. I need you. I love you. Don’t leave me.*
      She read his sadness and anguish and he “felt” her melancholic smile.
      * I have to, don’t you see? She deserves so much from life. I have felt
      and seen all I wished to see. I have found you. I found my one true love.
      She has yet to do that.* With her thought came a sense of love, sadness and
      acceptance of her fate.
      * Don’t. Please don’t* Scott begged desperately.
      * I’m sorry.* She thought sadly and Scott raised his eyes to look at
      her. The others did the same and Jean undid her handcuffs with her telekinetic
      powers and started to fall to the ground with great speed, knowing that
      Marie was now safe.
      “* Noooo!*” Scott screamed mentally and physically and ran to the side
      of the bridge. Storm started to fly to Jean’s aid but Michael interfered
      and they started to fight. Logan jumped at Sabretooth and seemed a light
      with rage.
      * Jean, please….I love you.* Scott thought and saw that she was falling
      into the ocean. If it had been hard ground he might have been able to
      soften her fall with his eye beams but not in water. With her speed she would
      hit the water like it was concrete.
      * Scott, open your eyes and look at me. Really look at me.* Jean sent to
      him and this time he felt fear and sadness from her. Her mental control was
      slipping. If only she had been more trained then she might have been able
      to levitate herself down.
      * No!!! I can’t do that*
      * Scott, I’m going to die. At least let me decide how to go. Do this.
      For me.* Jean sent to him, her panic growing as she neared the water.
      * Nooo!* Scott sent in anguish. He couldn’t do what she asked. He couldn’t kill her. He looked over the railing and so wished for a miracle. He
      saw Storm and Michael fight but he couldn’t shoot Michael with his deadly
      blasts without wounding, maybe killing Storm as well.
      * Love, I don’t want to die like this. Let me die with you. As a part of
      you. It’ll be fast and painless.* Even as she sent the thought Scott
      sensed her doubt.
      * I…I can’t.* Scott thought pained, tears running down his face. A
      mental command was said and Scott’s visor was torn off. He immediately
      closed his eyes.
      * Don’t do this, Jean. Don’t let me do this* He begged even as he felt
      his mind weakening under her mental demand.
      * I’m sorry, Scott. I’m…afraid. This way will be less ….painful.*
      Even her mental voice held tears.
      * Don’t…* He felt himself slipping and even as he fought her he knew
      he was loosing. Against his will his eyes was forced opened and he could see
      her fall again. The next minutes ran as in slow-motion for Scott. He saw
      and felt the energy leaving his eyes and run down towards Jean’s falling
      form.
      * I love you, Scott. Please forgive me for this.* Jean sent softly.
      * I forgive you. I love you so much. I …I can’t do this without you*
      Scott’s unhappy thoughts reached her and she sent a last wave of love
      through their link to him.
      * I´ll love you. Always*
      * And I you.* Scott thought and saw his energy beam nearing her.
      “ * Don’t leave me!* ” He yelled mentally and psychically in anguish
      but it was too late. His blasts reached her and Scott doubled over on the
      ground in pain as their link was totally opened as she lost control and so
      transmitted her feelings to him. The pain was intense but left quickly.
      * Love….You* Her thoughts, the last she had thought on this world,
      reached him a few minutes after her form disappeared in a blaze of fire.
      * Don’t leave me,* he thought miserably but it was too late. Where her
      loving presence had always been in his mind there was only emptiness. A
      emptiness so cold it drove him to the edge of madness.
      “* Jean*” He yelled so loud he was sure every telepath and person in a
      100 miles radius had heard him. He hung his head in defeat. She was truly
      gone. He had killed her. He had killed the only woman…the only person who
      had truly loved him.
      Part 6:
      “ Scott…Scott help me with Marie!” Storm’s voice brought him out
      of the darkness of his mind and he slowly got up from the ground. Looking
      with his hands he found his visor and put it on. He saw Storm coming with
      Marie in her arms and when Storm landed, took the frightened young woman from
      her arms and guided her to the side. He wished he felt something in that
      moment but he didn’t. He just felt...empty as if the reality of it all had
      yet to hit him. He saw that Michael was out cold, probably from Storm’s
      lightning bolts. Logan still had trouble with Sabretooth as they were
      equally strong and both had healing factor.
      “ Logan, move away from him. Now!” Scott commanded as a ice-cold rage
      took him. Logan moved away from Sabretooth and Scott came towards him, his
      visor glowing a dangerous red.
      “ Was this your idea?” Scott asked, his voice so cold and hard that
      Storm barely recognised it.
      “ Yes, I …” Sabretooth began but never got to say anything else. A
      beam of red energy set on full intensity burned him to a crisp.
      “ Ahhhhhhh” Sabretooth cried out in agony as he burned up. A terrible
      silence fell over the battlefield as he was gone, nothing but ashes to the
      wind.
      “ That was for Jean.” Scott said lowly, but his voice held no emotions.
      “ Scott! By the Light of the Goddess, what have you done?” Ororo
      whispered shocked.
      “ Victor!!” Mystique cried and looked ready to jump at Scott.
      “ Go ahead, I`ll blast you down where you stand.” Scott said coldly
      and Mystique drew back from the venom in his voice. She turned into a strong
      man and carried Michael away from the scene.
      “ I`ll be back to avenge Victor.” She promised as she went away.
      “ Try and you die.” Scott promised with just as much certainty as she
      had uttered her threat. When the four X-men where alone, Rogue nestled
      against Logan´s chest, crying, and Storm and Logan looked troubled at Scott,
      a unnatural stillness fell over the bridge.
      “ Scott, is Jean….” Storm began softly. Scott looked at her, his
      emotions as unreadable as ever.
      “ She’s ..gone. She’s gone.” It was as if he came out from a trace
      and tears started to run down his cheeks.
      “ She’s truly gone.” He sank to his knees on the bridge and cried
      for the first time in as long as he could remember. He felt like his world
      was crumbling and his heart was breaking in a million pieces.
      Epilogue:
      Scott Summers sat in his office Saturday night a little over two. This
      morning he had been too tired to talk to Jean and now she was no more. His
      grip around his Bourbon glass tightened and his eyes began to water again. Oh,
      Jean. Why did you have to leave me all alone again? He tried to picture
      her for him; her eyes, her hair, her face but all he saw was himself blasting
      her, killing her. With a suddenness which surprised even himself he threw
      the glass against the wall and it broke in a 1000 pieces reminding him of
      the way his heart felt right now. He picked up a picture of Jean standing on
      his desk. She was smiling at him, looking so happy and trustful. And he
      had betrayed that trust. He had killed the light in her eyes. Him and only
      him. He let himself sink to the floor of the office and cried. Cried so hard,
      he thought he should die. The moon bathed him in its silver light through
      the office window, and from a distance it looked like he was praying which
      he might was. Praying to get Jean back or praying to join her, no one knew.
      Soon the stars gave way for the sunlight but this morning brought no
      warmth and no light to Scott’s life for his heart was dead and his life was
      empty. He was alone. Alone and cold.

      The End

      Sequel? Liked? Let me know what you think
      e-mail me at:
      neh@...