Fic: " Losing You" (4/7) and (5/7) PG-13 [ Scott/Jean, Rogue, Logan, Storm]
- and part 4- Who would you choose? and part 5 - this is my decision to
Scott felt like he was in the middle of the worst nightmare of his life.
This was too much. They couldnt ask this of him. They just couldnt.
How would he ever be able to live with himself, knowing he had killed a
person? On the other hand it was better to save one than loose both. Forbidden
thoughts came to his mind. I love Jean and I barely know Marie. Jean is 33
and have lived a good life while Marie is just a child of 17 with her whole
life in front of her. Jean has a family and the prospect of a good future
with children while Marie has no family wholl claim her and she will
never have children as none can touch her. Jean is an X-man and fights for the
cause while Marie is a student whose powers we cant use in a fight as
shell get as affected by the person she absorbs as he will be wounded by
her hands. I love Jean. I need Jean. If I choose Jean, Marie will die and
Logan will hate me if not outright kill me in rage. If I choose Marie, I`ll
never be able to live with myself again. All those thoughts ran through
Scotts brain in under a minute and he came to one conclusion; he couldnt
choose. No matter which choice he made, hell regret it. He now saw how
smart this set-up really was; no matter what he said, if he made a choice or
not, one would die and it would be his fault.
Decide hero. Times running out Mystique said hardly. Scott
looked desperately at Storm and Logan, hoping they had a plan or some way out of
this that he hadnt thought of.
I sorry, my friend. I cant help you this time, Storm admitted
sadly, tears coming to her eyes as she knew as he did that no matter what,
they would loose a friend tonight. Scott looked at Logan.
I .Choose Marie! Logan grunted pained. He didnt want Jean to
die yet he wanted Marie to live. He had made tough decisions in his life yet
none as hard as the one Scott was facing; Save your lover and kill a
student or kill your lover and save a student.
* Scott, are you ok?* Jeans mental voice came weak through his chaotic
* Jean! Oh, dear God. Thank Heavens. Are you ok? I I dont know what
to do. Help me.* His thoughts flew to her over the distance between them.
* Open your mind to me. Itll be faster for me to know what is happening
that way.* Just hearing her voice again brought some sense of peace to
him. He did as she asked and let her mental fingers gently probed his mind. He
felt her shook and fear as she understood their situation.
* We both know what you must do.* Jeans voice came to him but she had
cut their report off. He couldnt read her feelings yet she could read his.
* I cant choose! Dont ask it of me.* Scott thought desperately.
* I´ll never do that, love. Never. Thats why I have chosen for you.*
It took Scott a few seconds to realise what she meant.
* No!!! Jean, dont do it. I need you. I love you. Dont leave me.*
She read his sadness and anguish and he felt her melancholic smile.
* I have to, dont you see? She deserves so much from life. I have felt
and seen all I wished to see. I have found you. I found my one true love.
She has yet to do that.* With her thought came a sense of love, sadness and
acceptance of her fate.
* Dont. Please dont* Scott begged desperately.
* Im sorry.* She thought sadly and Scott raised his eyes to look at
her. The others did the same and Jean undid her handcuffs with her telekinetic
powers and started to fall to the ground with great speed, knowing that
Marie was now safe.
* Noooo!* Scott screamed mentally and physically and ran to the side
of the bridge. Storm started to fly to Jeans aid but Michael interfered
and they started to fight. Logan jumped at Sabretooth and seemed a light
* Jean, please .I love you.* Scott thought and saw that she was falling
into the ocean. If it had been hard ground he might have been able to
soften her fall with his eye beams but not in water. With her speed she would
hit the water like it was concrete.
* Scott, open your eyes and look at me. Really look at me.* Jean sent to
him and this time he felt fear and sadness from her. Her mental control was
slipping. If only she had been more trained then she might have been able
to levitate herself down.
* No!!! I cant do that*
* Scott, Im going to die. At least let me decide how to go. Do this.
For me.* Jean sent to him, her panic growing as she neared the water.
* Nooo!* Scott sent in anguish. He couldnt do what she asked. He couldnt kill her. He looked over the railing and so wished for a miracle. He
saw Storm and Michael fight but he couldnt shoot Michael with his deadly
blasts without wounding, maybe killing Storm as well.
* Love, I dont want to die like this. Let me die with you. As a part of
you. Itll be fast and painless.* Even as she sent the thought Scott
sensed her doubt.
* I I cant.* Scott thought pained, tears running down his face. A
mental command was said and Scotts visor was torn off. He immediately
closed his eyes.
* Dont do this, Jean. Dont let me do this* He begged even as he felt
his mind weakening under her mental demand.
* Im sorry, Scott. Im afraid. This way will be less .painful.*
Even her mental voice held tears.
* Dont * He felt himself slipping and even as he fought her he knew
he was loosing. Against his will his eyes was forced opened and he could see
her fall again. The next minutes ran as in slow-motion for Scott. He saw
and felt the energy leaving his eyes and run down towards Jeans falling
* I love you, Scott. Please forgive me for this.* Jean sent softly.
* I forgive you. I love you so much. I I cant do this without you*
Scotts unhappy thoughts reached her and she sent a last wave of love
through their link to him.
* I´ll love you. Always*
* And I you.* Scott thought and saw his energy beam nearing her.
* Dont leave me!* He yelled mentally and psychically in anguish
but it was too late. His blasts reached her and Scott doubled over on the
ground in pain as their link was totally opened as she lost control and so
transmitted her feelings to him. The pain was intense but left quickly.
* Love .You* Her thoughts, the last she had thought on this world,
reached him a few minutes after her form disappeared in a blaze of fire.
* Dont leave me,* he thought miserably but it was too late. Where her
loving presence had always been in his mind there was only emptiness. A
emptiness so cold it drove him to the edge of madness.
* Jean* He yelled so loud he was sure every telepath and person in a
100 miles radius had heard him. He hung his head in defeat. She was truly
gone. He had killed her. He had killed the only woman the only person who
had truly loved him.